Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Firefox Tab Options
    Dog-gonnit. I too frequently fat finger "close other tabs" when I meant to click "close tab" - or vice versa - since they're right next to each other!

Is there any way to change the order of the options shown when I right click on a tab?

Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 08:36 AM
    I recommend the Tabbrowser Preferences extension:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...umpg=10&id=158
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 08:45 AM
    I already have that extension installed, but none of the options at
    Tools > Options > Tabbed Browsing let me say what order I want the options in.

Am I looking in the wrong place?
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 10:14 AM
    I'm writing this in Firefox with Tabbrowser Preferences and I don't see anyhting that says "close other tabs". I close tabs by either selecting the correct tab clicking on the "X" in the little red square on the right hand side, or hover my cursor over the tab to be closed and middle-click (or click down on mouse wheel).
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 10:26 AM
    Odd, then. I'm using Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8... and when I right click on a tab, I have these options:

New Tab
    Reload Tab
    Reload All Tabs
    Close Other Tabs
    Close Tab
    Bookmark This Tab
    Bookmark All Tabs, and
    Lock Tab.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 10:29 AM
    Would you look at that, now that you show where it is I see that option. :)

I never close tabs like that, sorry. I doubt that you can arrange the order that the right-click selections appear. After re-reading your original question you specifically said right-click on the tab - I'll remove myself now.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 31, 2006, 10:31 AM
    LOL rick (and NK) dump Tabbrowser preferences and go get Tabbrowser Extensions instead. (just Google it as the d/l site is in Japan)
    I've tried loads of Tab extensions and found this to be utterly amazing!!
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 10:40 AM
    Are you speaking of this one?:
    http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabexte.../index.html.en

Google nets lots o' hits for "Tabbrowser Extensions"
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2006, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by http://piro.sakura.ne.jp
    Note!This extension is strongly unrecommended by Mozilla Foundation. See advantage and disadvantage before you download this. If you wish to install this even if you read those comments, do it at your own risk.
    Hmmm... I see that warnign all over this page. Is it worth it?
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 11:05 AM
    Yeah, I saw the warnings on that one in particular is why I asked... wondering if Curly were referring to a different one.
    BossMan

Mar 31, 2006, 12:05 PM
    Yep that's the one.
    I've been using it successfully since I started with FF and it's excellent.
    I think the reason why it isn't recommended is that tweaking it tooo much can cause serious browser problems, but I haven't found them yet ;)
    It doesn't play well with other tab extensions.

Seems rather odd as when it was released it was highly recommended by FF.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 12:51 PM
    So from what you've seen is that the only one that will do what I'm looking for?
    BossMan

Mar 31, 2006, 12:55 PM
    As Need said earlier, why don't you just use the little x to close the tabs you don't want. I must admit I had never noticed the right click options until you mentioned them ;)

One of the options you get with Tabbrowser Extensions is the ability to enable/disable the various right click options.
    OK it's not a reorder but it should resolve this issue.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2006, 01:01 PM
    And I like the wheel button close that Need mentioned... that is COOL! No matter what tab you're on, you can hover your pointer over another tab, click the wheel (if you have one... which by now, shouldn't everyone? Lol) and it closes the tab... just like using the right click method but much easier! Other than that, I have always used the little red X. I only used the right click for the reload tab if I needed to refersh a window without clicking on it until it was refreshed.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    As Need said earlier, why don't you just use the little x to close the tabs you don't want.
    I use "close other tabs" very frequently... and I love being able to do so with 2 clicks: I often get to 6+ tabs open then dump all but one... but since I do it so frequently, I too often click it when I mean to close just one tab.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WIndows XP log on Options [ 13 Answers ]

I'm completely new to this forum an hope to find some help here. I have recently purchased a used PC with pre installed wondows XP. The PC actually comes from a professional company with network accesibility. The log on procedure allows only the system administrator to log on. I want to change...

Invisalign-other options? [ 6 Answers ]

Has anyone used it? What do you think? I had braces for yrs, wore the head gear, retainers and all that. Now at 23 my teeth are shifting again and I have to see an orthodontist-I refuse to get braces , and I've heard about this. Any other options? Thanks! :D

Internet options [ 2 Answers ]

Windows xp sp 2 Under the connection setting in the internet options where you can chose to auto detect settings mine keeps changing to the prox server setting by itself and then pages don't seem to work right I change it to auto seems all right till I am online again then it has chnaged to...

Portfolio of options [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I'd like some help on my class presentation. The question is 'build a portfolio of purely options position'. I'm entirely sure what is required as this topic hasn't been covered yet. Could someone clarify or point me to some links? Thanks.. any help at all would be appreciated! ...

What are my options? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B.A. in accounting and business (1996). I currently work for $11 an hour in the medical field processing Medicare/Medicaid claims for a private doctor. I would like to earn more money but am uncertain of the possibilities. Do you have any suggestions? I have considered starting my own...

View more questions Search