Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Evolving Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 03:14 AM
    How can one resolve the issue of evolution AND believe in life after death?
    I was pretty much an agnostic, until I read Sylvia Browne. She makes more sense to me than any other person I've read. She gives many examples to verify her integrity and validity. I believe her; simple as that.

However, I also believe in evolution, since it has all but been proven. So I'm left scratching my head. Any ideas? Anyone ever read anything about religion and evolution theory co-existing peacefully?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 04:31 AM
    No ideas really, I just don't want to go there on this forum because it only drags up some unpleasantness from both sides trying to prove they are right.

Fence sitting, this time yes and I have a good view!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 04:48 AM
    Evolution makes no statement about what happens after an organism dies. You are free to believe what you will concerning what happens after death.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolving
    However, I also believe in evolution, since it has all but been proven. So I'm left scratching my head. Any ideas? Anyone ever read anything about religion and evolution theory co-existing peacefully?
    I thought evolution was about how life might have come about, and life after death is not part of it unless it has to do with studying of bones and other physical material left on earth which we are able to study.

Life after death I think is more to do with the soul/spirit of humans/living things.
    I find that there is a part of evolving life on earth which I believe in,but I also do believe in an Almighty that created life and believe that there is a life after death too.

Even if I do believe in evolving life,it involves a Creator Who created and set things in motion for life to evolve,not very sure about humans evolving from ape theory.
    I do believe that the first human was a special creation of the Almighty and all humans being descendants of that special creation. I also believe the possibility of apes with human like similarities existing ages ago.

Just my thoughts and beliefs.
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jul 16, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Might I remind you that the theories in Sylvia's books are not all her own... but I too find that it makes great sense.I'm not sure If I personally believe her or not simply because I have never had a reading with her.One of her books did change my life and my outlook on life.I thank her for that even if she is a fraud (which I cannot believe she is)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 06:18 AM
    While I believe she is very good on some things. I do not buy a lot of what she says or believes. She has also told 2 families that their missing loved one was dead and they turned up alive years later. I do not believe in reincarnation either and she does. I believe there is a phenomena people call reincarnation but it is not what people believe it to be.
    I don't believe we came from one cell to human evolution form but I do believe in the adaptive types of evolution.
    So I can not resolve evolving because I believe God formed MAN
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Hi Evolving,

This is one of those questions where everyone will have an opinion and 100% believe they are right.

In brief... take away religion, reincarnation, evolution,scientific experiments... I could go on.

Dress it up how ever you like...

The fact still remains, you don't get something from nothing...
    CreativeNotHandy Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 07:38 PM
    I don't know what she believes, but most religious systems don't have a problem with evolution.

Evangelical Christianity is the one I know of that speaks out against Evolution, but the more you look into what they have to say about it - which I've done for years as I struggled with a similar question to yours - the more you realize that they are trying to protect what they perceive to be the Christian faith.

They don't look at science like a good scientist does - to find out something new or to discover the answer - they approach science as a way to prove what they already "know." If science seems to contradict what they believe, they accuse the community of scientists of conspiracy against Jesus and stuff like that that is just ridiculous for the most part.

I don't want to be too verbose here, but there are plenty of faithful believers who experience the wonder of the Creator in the miracle of evolution.

Let me know if this helped at all.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 10:31 PM
    Evolving,
    Like you I also believe in some form of evolution. But I believe that God IS the author of life.
    I'm a believer in Divine Design, that is that God designed this universe to become what it is today; a marvelous balance of ongoing creation and life.
    Even the stars and galaxies are born and die still to be replaced by other stars.
    There is an after life for such things as plants and stars just as there is for we mortals.
    A simple way to look at each of us is that we are stuff of the universe from birth to long after our bodies die.
    If nothing else, our remains continue to contribute to the stuff of this planet and the energies of our life do not fade away to nothing. They continue on.
    In that simple way the stuff we are made of is indestructible.
    In God's plan we are much more than that.
    Our destiny is to become one with Him as Jesus tells us.
    :) Peace and kindness:) ,
    Fred (arcura)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A matter of life and death [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, The title is sincere... No pun intended... I truly believe the question of the Trinity can NEVER be resolved... I have studied with Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians at the same time... (Witnesses do not take offence) I didn't know any other way to state who I studied with... During the...

Life after death [ 32 Answers ]

Many religions talk many thing. There is a common agreement that death is certain and all it is uncertain when it will happen. But still it remained a question mark what happens after the death?

How to resolve H4-Issue/Alternate [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm Saritha, I would like to know is there any alternative for birthcertificate ,as am applying for my h4-visa, I don't have my birth certificate, how to resolve this issue . Thanks S

Life or death for my lizards [ 1 Answers ]

I wondered what is the humidity level of anole lizards and what will happen if the humidity is to low or to high

24 years old and never dated, need to resolve life riddles! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so here it begins, I come from south indian familly, currently living with my brother and parents and I expect to graduate from university in six months. I have been living in Canada since I was 14 years old, but unlike normal Canadian kids, I never went out to any party or club of any sort,...

View more questions Search