Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bilnrobn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 10:33 PM
    Download Transfer Speed
    How do I establish my download transfer speed from a specific website?
    I have Windows XP using Internet Explorer 7.
    narayanancdm Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 11:05 PM
    You can use the download accelerator plus software which can be available as trial version also. You can see the downloading speed.
    narayanancdm Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 11:06 PM
    You can use the dap software which can be available as trial version also. You can see the downloading speed.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 13, 2008, 11:20 PM
    The transfer window in IE will show the transfer rate. Download manager software mentioned above will allow you to decrease or limit the transfer rate for better bandwidth management. I like a product called GetRight. I can download large files at work with different rates for different times without saturating the Internet connection and affecting other users. There is no solution for significantly increasing the transfer rate save getting a higher bandwidth Internet connection, downloading from a different site with a larger pipe, or transferring from multiple sites with a download manager.
    bilnrobn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 11:37 PM
    Thanks guys, that is very helpful. (This is my first time here, looks like a good place to visit.)
    aung2bo Posts: 87, Reputation: 7

Jul 14, 2008, 12:46 AM
    You also can use the Flashget downloader.. It's a very good software and free software also.

You can download software from here .

Best Download Manager - FlashGet

Best Regards,
    ABB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Download Speed [ 4 Answers ]

Hello My download speed is about 25 KB I'm trying to download a 819 MB file, but it is taking me 7-8 hours I want to know how to speed it up I've tried a download manager, but that isn't doing anything Please Help??

Download speed [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know why my downloads are taking so long. They were fine a while ago but now they have really slowed down and does anyone know how to speed them back up again

Hard Disk-transfer speed [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I have always been having a feeling that my harddrives have too slow a transfer speed, so I measured it yesterday. I Found out that the transfer speed for a 30 GB package of movies and music only reached 13,8 kb/s, which is quite low, isn't it? I have 2 internal (1 IDE anf 1 S-ATA) and 1...

Transfer speed from computer to external hard drive [ 44 Answers ]

I just transferred 4GB from a folder on my computer to a USB2 external hard drive and it took 45 minutes! From other transfers, it seems like this is way too long. 1. Is there a "standard" transfer speed that I should expect from a transfer like this? 2. Would doing other things on the...

DSL speed test upload/download [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so I have DSL through the ISP I work for at home and I did a speedtest at speakeasy.net to see what my download/upload speed is... why would my upload speed be less than my download speed. I thought for DSL your upload speed is supposed to be faster than your download speed? I know at work...

View more questions Search