Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathrinegrace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Why would my daughter hit me
    My daughter tried to beat me up she is 23 and married and lives at my mothers house the fight started over me asking her to clean up her mess she got mad we started arguing and she hit me and pulled chunks of my hair out it took her husband and my brother to grt her off me.how do I handel this why would she do this to me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 13, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Let me see, calling the police and having her arrested is the first thing that comes to mind??
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jul 13, 2008, 09:07 PM
    It sounds like you guys have unresolved issues, think did you guys have a big fight? Was there some emotional trama? Has she been stressed? Did something happen in the past?
    Could she be menatally ill?
    There are so many possibilities, because no 23 year old, pulls out her mothers hair because she didn't want to clean a mess.you guys need to have a talk, and figure out why this happened.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 09:47 PM
    Does she have other anger issues. She may need to take some anger management classes or see a therapist if she continues with this
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Her anger was way out of proportion to the situation, wasn't it? Depression puts me in that space. Unresolved issues and stress can contribute but there is something else going on.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 05:43 AM
    No, the problem here is the OP has only posted the event, not "the real situation". There's no way this girl attacked her mother and pulled her hair out after being asked to clean up. No way at all.

Care to give us the missing back story if you actually want usable advice? Or do you just want a shoulder to cry on? We can do that, but it will feel a little false on our end.
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 05:46 AM
    If she had no prior history of doing so I agree but if she has a history of snapping out because she does not like what somebody tells her I know many people do that. The hair pulling ones are the worst.
    kathrinegrace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 06:23 AM
    Oh yes she did and she has done this before when she was 15 when I wouldent let her go out with her freands in the middle of the night she was trying to walk out the front door I followed her and she turned around and punched me.she use to hang out wiyh want a be gangsters and she thinks she can do what she wants .we have been getting along great now for years I've been there for her stuck up for her .also her sister is visiting from calif she hasent seen in a while mabe she thinks so mabe there is something there.
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Unfortunately that has gotten to be the way many teenagers have gotten to.
    By 21 you would think she would have come to a place in her life that she started to realize responsibility and proper ways to act.

My younger daughter use to treat me the same way until she had to get out on her own and saw that things aren't as easy as she thought they were. Usually that is the waker upper. She needs to get out on her own for a wake up call.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 03:47 PM
    When she hit you at 15, you should have had her arrested to teach her a lesson, this is called tough love. There was many of times I did not get my way and was angry with my mom because of it, but I never raised my hand to her. Now at 23, she's attacking you again, what happens when she do it again, she's no longer a child and my child at the age of 7 knows right from wrong. What's going happen the next time she hits you? Anger or not, she has no right to hit you that shows how much respect she has for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

I have a daughter and now I want to have a son. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a daughter. We wany to have a son. Tell me what precaution we should take

New name for my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know the father of my child and am now married to my husband how can I change my child's name from my last name to the name of my husband does he need to adpot her or can I just do a name change

Daughter-in-law wants mom out [ 7 Answers ]

My mom has lived with my brother and his wife ever since they bought the house (almost 20 years). My mom is not listed as one of the legal owners. 1.Does she have any rights as to who can visit her and when? 2.Even if she does not pay rent, does she have at least some kind of legal protection...

My Daughter... [ 9 Answers ]

Isla Elizabeth - Born 17 Dec 2006, 3am, weighing 5 pounds 12 oz - perfectly health. She is now 3 weeks old and weighing over 7 pounds and is a right littlr character. Pete and I have been back together for a couplr of months now - he was there for the birth and isla and I are now living...

View more questions Search