Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    091289 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 07:49 PM
    TV, DVD, VCR & Satellite setup
    How do I hook-up the following devices to my TV. DVD, VCR and Satellite receiver (direct TV). I also have a RF modulator box. I only want to use the DVD and VCR as players only. When watching Direct TV and I want to see a DVD movie, when putting the movie in the device it switchs automatically to the DVD player.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 14, 2008, 04:57 AM
    You should use a SCART cable between your TV and DVD player.

Remains the VCR , satellite receiver, and standard TV antenna reception.

First connect your VCR to your TV. Via that cable you can display VCR tapes, and loop through other RF based signals.

Combine with a splitter-in-reverse both antenna signals and satellite output, and connect to the VCR rf input. Use a low-loss splitter.

Note : it may be required to slightly change the RF output frequency of the satellite receiver output when they are on the same channel and cause interference. See below.

Remains the tuning of the different units to each other.
    Start (1) with adjusting one channel of the TV to the VCR (run a tape to be sure you adjust to the VCR output).
    Than adjust the satellite receiver output frequency if it interferes with the VCR output. If you can't, change the VCR output frequency slightly, and go back to step (1).

Now adjust the TV with a second channel to the satellite output and all remaining channels to the various standard antenna reception frequencies.

Success !

:)
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 02:17 PM
    You must provide a description of the output ports available on your Sat. DVD, VCR and inputs of your TV.

Most vendors assume that you will be using a A/V Receiver to bring all of the inputs into one unit and then that unit communicates to the TV for Video and Audio goes out through the A/V's Digital sound processor to your speaker set.

BTW - A SCART cable a A/V cable design and port that is a standard in France. It has not really taken hold here in the U.S. HDMI seems to me to be the connection method favorite for this minute in time!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD and Satellite Setup [ 2 Answers ]

I have a DVD player I am trying to connect to my Hughes satellite and to my cable-ready television. I have red/white/yellow audio cords but my television has only the cable antenna connection. Thanks for any help.

Tell me what you think of this setup I'm building please! [ 1 Answers ]

XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Item #: N82E16811103011 $109.99 GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail Item #: N82E16813128059 $89.99 EVGA 640-P2-N829-AR GeForce 8800GTS SSC 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP...

Setup FTP [ 8 Answers ]

How do you setup a PC to receive files from an FTP server? I guess making a PC an FTP client?

Tv/dvd setup [ 2 Answers ]

My TV does not have the yellow/white /red plug only plug for cable how can I set up my dvd player without it

View more questions Search