Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Perladina Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 04:07 PM
    My boyfriend need space and time to make himself better. I don't know what to do.
    Hello,:(
    I am completely lost in my relationship. I have been with a men for 2 years and half everything was great until he start getting cold with me for 2 past month. But it was still okay. I know he has a lot of things going on in his life right now and that his parent decided to let him take care of himself, and he cannot find a job, and it has been hitting him a lot. And, I also know that he has not been easy for him because too because I thought he was cheating on me, and I have been really pushy. But, he told me that he needs his space, and that he is not leaving me and that I should allow him to make himself better, but right now he is just thinking about himself, and he is not ready to give what I want, and that he is not ready to go out with anyone because he is not himself and that is doesn't want anything from me right now. But that he still loves me and think about me, but I don't know what to think anymore... I can't eat, I can't sleep, I am crying, crying because I want him back in my life, but I know know if he broke up with me or he just need space at that point. What is funny is like he wasn't like that, he started to behave like this since June 23. But, I love him so much, my heart is just in piece right now... He was even talking about coming to my birthday last month, talking about having babies, and now I don't recognize him... My whole world is fallen, I don't know what to do without him, he has been so good to me, I just don't recognize him, I don't know if it is not my fault... please help me... I want him back like it was before, I also know I should not call him... but... I can't help it... He said he is not a 10 percent in our relationship at the moment, and I should allow him to make himself better... I feel like I am dying.. Please help me... is it me... does he still love me?:(
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 13, 2008, 06:44 PM
    For whatever reason he is confused, and has changed his mind, so do as he asks, and give him space, and use the time to balance your life with things you enjoy, and find your own happiness without him. Sorry for your loss.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Give him the space he needs. Very simple.

Jul 14, 2008, 07:34 PM
    So I shouldn't call him or text him, and just wait... Maybe I stressed him too much
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Don't kill yourself thinking about him. He said he needs space so DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE TO KILL TIME!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 05:29 AM
    All you can do is give him what he asks for, and that's space. Give it time and one of two things will happen. You will realize you're healing and better of without this guy or he will want to come back

Jul 16, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Thank you for your advice, it is not easy for me because I am confused... I don't have any explanation, and in the same time he says he want his space, and in the same time even though he doesn't call him, or text me like he used to, he he still sending me message to say hi, or to ask him how was my journey, telling me good night... I haven't called him since, but he is trying to keep contact somehow... I don't know what to thinK AGAIN
    Expert

Jul 16, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Don't let his contact confuse you. Stop responding, so he makes a decision for himself, with no influence from you.
    2B4Ever Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Jul 16, 2008, 12:12 PM
    I think you are over stressing yourself with this relationship. Don't worry about everything and have faith. Sometimes a man likes to know a woman can take care of herself and not be so needy. If he sees that you can trust him and go about your daily living he will have more respect for you. How old are you? Be strong! Be happy and Healthy! Blessings

Jul 16, 2008, 03:55 PM
    I have 23 years old, he is 25. Thank you for your encouragement, it is not easy, but I will do my best to be stronger, and positive
    lola nyc Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Im going through sort of the same my guy wants a break.. my post is up..

He may be a bit confused but if he is still texting saying goodnight etc.. Sounds like he still loves you. Maybe don't respond to his texts for a few days.. maybe he'll come around. Don't stress out yet.. And your very young! I know you prob don't want to hear this but you have time.. just let him be for a while.
    2B4Ever Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Jul 16, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Your right, It is not easy and you are young. Relationships take time. Value your time, be patient. I'll say a little prayer for you... HUGS!

Jul 17, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Thank you so much for reconforting me, sometimes I just feel guilty to have stressed him, fight with him those past months. I know I have not been easy but I just felt like he was changing, and I know he was stress too... but I was just scared... I will let him be like you said, and I hope the best will come sooner or later

Jul 21, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Hey guys, he has start calling me since Monday, and he told me that he just wanted to say hi, I did as you told (no class no text messaging), and yesterday night he called me to pretend like if he was ill, and he just wanted to say hi. Today he text me telling me that he is still alive, and that he hope that I am fine... I don't want to reply and I will maybe tomorrow
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 05:49 AM
    Good for you! Keep it up! I am proud of your strength and will power
    knowitall5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 08:04 AM
    I can say that the best thing for you to do, is to take a deep breath and prepare to be patient because if he says he needs space, and you truly love him, then that's what you will have to do. I have been in a similar situation and even though it has completely broken me down, I love my man and want the best for him. You never know what is really going in on his end, however you owe it to him to let him sort things out. I have found that men go through a lot of pressure and especially when a relationship is serious, sometimes the stress of the future makes them sweat. How is his finances, how is his career going, most times when a man doesn't have everything in order, their world seems to get jumbled and they need the space to put the pieces together. This may have nothing to do with you, but if its something that is worth waiting for, then sit back and relax. Take this time to better yourself, focus on other things, and let him see that this is only a stumbling block and that you love and respect him enough to obey his choice for now. If its meant to be, no space, time, or anything else can stop you from getting back together. Besides let him have time to miss you.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Dec 23, 2008, 09:15 AM

My girlfriend is asking for the same thing. I'm in my second day of no contact, it's hard, harder then I would have imagined. I'm fighting through it! Lets both be strong together! We'll survive! Trust me.
    Dasile Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2011, 08:01 AM
    So, did you get back together?:)
    Expert

Jul 28, 2011, 09:09 AM

Its been 3 years since this poster has been here. Please note the dates on threads you post on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do men need space and time? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend broke up and he says he wants to work things out with me just he needs space and time cause there's a lot going on with his fammily so he has to be there for them, but he wants to work things out with me he said he's not sure when we will be back together cause he needs time and...

Time and space? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently have been told by my girlfriend of 3+ years that she needs her time and space to "figure things out". Obviously this hit me like a ton of bricks and I resorted to the typical tactics that most guys resort to, grovel, tell her this is a bad idea, call, email, text her, send flowers. The...

Does any one know this one? [ 1 Answers ]

I am try to find the title of a song or who sang it. Its from an episod of two pints of larger and a packet of crisps. (the one where janet leaves johnny) there is a sony play I love n would like to know what it is called or who sag it. I have looked everywhere but ca not find it! It goes something...

Boyfriend says he need space [ 13 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half. Every six months he ends up saying he needs time to think and needs to leave. After he has had time to think he always comes back and says the same thing "I'm afraid because I know this is going to last forever and I've never had anyone love me...

View more questions Search