Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kbuchholtz Posts: 110, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Beginner Acoustic Guitar
    Hello. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a decent starter guitar? I'm looking to spend $100-150 on something. I've never played, but have had an interest in learning for many years. I've noticed several guitars at Guitar Center in my price range, but can't seem to identify from their ratings/customer comments one or two that stand out above the rest.

Any suggestions for brands, etc. would be great.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Fender, Gibson and Yamaha are good
    My boyfriend has a Abilene it is pretty good
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 02:41 AM
    It would really help to know what style or styles of music it is that you are wanting to play in order to advise you the best here because there are a number of different styles of guitars.

It would also help to know how old you are in order to make a possible determination as far as the hand size that you have.

Thanks!
    theguywithnolife Posts: 82, Reputation: 10

Jul 25, 2008, 02:54 PM
    My 1st Guitar was a Ibanez Daytripper, Now while it was VERY small it gets the job done

Guild makes WONDERFUL guitars too. But their in the $300-1000, I'm planning to buy one here once I can afford it XD

Yamaha is a pretty good brand. Martin makes some nice Beginners, There's really too many options without more information
    str33t punk Posts: 78, Reputation: 4

Mar 22, 2009, 06:23 PM

Fender and gibson are way over 100 bucks.. best started guitar ever is a yamaha f-310 I got mine when I started playing over 6 years ago.. still almost mint condition and still sounds great

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acoustic guitar [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking at a number of acoustic guitars for sale. Im deciding between Ibanez, yamaha, and fender, all around the 300 dollar range. Please let me know what you think and what brand is the best quality.

Guitar! Guitar!. need an online guru!. [ 9 Answers ]

Okay.. here's the thing: I have an electric guitar on me with a mini-amp and I love playing with it but I want to learn how to actually play it. After repeated 'playing' I have learned the strokes and fingering a little bit on my own but without some theoretical understanding, I don't seem to...

A Beginner Drum Set [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so I've started drum lessons and my drum teacher is teaching me drum beats. The only problem is I don't have a drum set yet. I was looking to go Pearl. But the problem is, there are seven different series. So I'm looking for a series that is: 1) Good for beginners 2)Good Quality...

C++ programming Qs (beginner) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there... I am a novice in C++ programming. I wrote a very simple 'temperature conversion' program that asks user to input whether they want a Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion, or the opposite, and then calls the respective function (i.e. either a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter OR a Fahrenheit...

Acoustic guitar [ 3 Answers ]

Helloooo Does anyone know any good acoustic guitars that are good for beginners but aren't too pricey?

View more questions Search