Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelly ann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Need to present a two column proof for an Isosceles triangle (if the base angles of a
    I am home-schooling and need help in presenting a two column proof of an Isosceles triangle. Need to present a two column proof for an Isosceles triangle (if the base angles of a triangle are congruent, then the triangle is Isosceles). Any help or direction to a good site would be appreciated.
    shw3nn Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2008, 12:12 PM
    An Isosceles triangle is an assumption. It's a human construct. It has no proof and doesn't need one.

Nor can you prove that an isosceles triangle has two congruent angles.

If somebody were to ask why an isosceles triangle has two congruent angles, the answer is, "That's just how we define that word."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proof of a theory about angles of triangle [ 12 Answers ]

"the sum of angles of any triangle is not more than Pi" I want to know the proof of this statement without using the fifth axiom of Euclid.Thank you

Need to present a two column proof for an Isosceles triangle [ 1 Answers ]

I am home-schooling and need help in presenting a two column proof of an Isosceles triangle. Need to present a two column proof for an Isosceles triangle (if the base angles of a triangle are congruent, then the triangle is Isosceles). Any help or direction to a good site would be appreciated.

Isosceles triangle [ 1 Answers ]

the sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isoseles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Is this statement true or false?

View more questions Search