Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aabw0203 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Bank levy
    Is a court order required for a bank levy in the state of NY or can the lawyer just send a letter that looks legal to the bank?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aabw0203
    Is a court order required for a bank levy in the state of NY or can the lawyer just send a letter that looks legal to the bank?

Your phrase "a letter that looks legal to the bank" implies that your Attorney is attempting to defraud the bank.

No, he/she can't if he/she plans to keep his/her law license.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Levy [ 6 Answers ]

I just had my bank account levied. It was due to a credit card account. My question is, they took out money to satisfy the judgement, does this mean that whenever in the future if I was to deposit more money in the account, it will be withdrawn again ? Michael

A Bank Levy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bank account and my mother was also added to this bank account. She is on Social Security. I just had a levy placed on my bank account because of her past credit issues. The company refuses to release my money and she refuses to pay. What can I do about this problem?

Bank Levy [ 6 Answers ]

I had a bank levy put on my bank account and the outstanding balance was paid in full. My problem is that they took too much money out of my account. The company that took the money took $2000 more then they were supposed to. I've been calling them for a month to try to get my money back and...

Bank levy [ 2 Answers ]

I am 59 years old and have been through some difficult times recently. Today I learned that my bank account had a levy placed on it. There was only $533. In the account but it is all the money I have. Is there anything I can do to get it back. As a side note the bank took $100. As a processing fee.

View more questions Search