Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truebaby333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Father providing for children during visitation
    In Minnesota does a father leagally have to provide clothes, diapers, etc. for children when he has them for visitation every other weekend or does the mother have to pack and send these things with the children?
    JuJuFruit Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Jul 13, 2008, 10:02 AM
    NO, that is what he pays child support for.

You should send junior with enough clothes, medicine, toiletries (rash ointment, Baby wipes - Fill one of those travel packs for the diaper bag. More than enough for a weekend.)
    And a few diapers. Tell dad he needs to buy a pack of diapers for the weekend.

But the rest you should send with dad.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Legally -that is up to the two of you to agree on for the most part. The Judge takes that into consideration when he sets child support that it includes where ever the kid goes. So mom SHOULD pack diapers.
    Most mothers do pack up the diapers and have a wardrobe of clothes at the father's as well as at the mothers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 13, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Correct, normally if the two of you can not agree, you go back to court and get it ordered though the court.

Normally yes, the father who is keeping the child will have their own diapers, some of their own clothes, toys, bed and everything the child will need.

Normally the mother will pack some clothes and diapers but the father in all cases I know of, always supplies most of his own.
    They make sure to send back the clothes of the other when the child is exchanged.
    rexcluse22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 08:17 AM
    It is for the child so if any supportive devices are needed for the child, you should send them. I send my daughter with whatever she needs and also what she wants to make her feel comfortable. I'm not doing it for her father, but for her well being. Good luck. Just remember the children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is parent stable enough for visitation with children [ 1 Answers ]

My niece is getting a divorce and they have signed all papers about a property and child custody settlement. Her ex is off work because he says he is bi polar and he says hisself very unstable. He demanded half of the time with the children. She one week and him the next. We think this was...

Relocating with children, custody, visitation, notice? [ 1 Answers ]

I have full custody of my two children, live in Wyoming. Current visitaion states mother has children for summer and holidays on even numbered years. I have received a job offer in another state and would like to know what I must do before I relocate with the children. Keeping with the current...

Visitation with father [ 2 Answers ]

I live in North Texas. My ex and I went to mediation this fall he thought that I was in contempt of court and thought I would go to jail. The mediator is a former Texas judge and told him that I would not go to jail and that I was not in contempt. Then we worked out other details but basically...

Visitation to father? Should I? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in North Texas. My ex and I went to mediation this fall he thought that I was in contempt of court and thought I would go to jail. The mediator is a former Texas judge and told him that I would not go to jail and that I was not in contempt. Then we worked out other details but basically...

View more questions Search