Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ethan1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 10:50 PM
    My 14 yo daughter shoplifted for the 1st time a Mother's Day necklace that I subsequently paid $20 for. The store sent me a letter wanting $150 for the crime. I didn't pay it & I got $450 bill from a lawyer.She has a court date in 3 days. What must I do? Be nice.
    thisnthatshoppe Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jul 12, 2008, 11:13 PM
    Find a good criminal defense attorney. Chances are good that the case may be thrown out on a technicality since you were not read your miranda rights. If not, a guilty plea is your best bet, seeing as how you did fess up, you may get a better deal as far as the punishment. Good luck to you and don't steal again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Shoplifted a bra n now I have to bring it back [ 28 Answers ]

Ok, so I'm 15 n I stole a bra from the store like 2 weeks ago and my mom found out about it and she making me take it back tomorrow I was jw if anyone knows like what they'll do? By the way I live and the usa

Friend shoplifted at store and I was banned to [ 8 Answers ]

My 3 friends and I went to a mall in Evansville IN, while we were there, we were in a store called Spencers and one of my friends took 4 key chains and a lanyard without the rest of us knowing. Well when we walked out one of the worker stopped us and said one of us stole something and made us...

I shoplifted. [ 1 Answers ]

.. I shoplifted in jcpenny I'm a 1st timer with no record got fined to pay civil penalty and have court.I lifted 242.00$worth do you know what can be my penalties?.

Run away daughter [ 5 Answers ]

My 15 year old daughter is refusing to come home,she is staying at my ex partners house,he is not her father.the police have brought her home on numerous occasions,but she always goes again,I am at my wits end, especially as my ex is well known for having relations with underage girls,he is 50 and...

View more questions Search