Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coastal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Live in girlfriend her son & married daughter?
    I moved in with my girlfriend and her 17 year old son, into her house about 1 year ago. She also has a 23 year old daughter that is married she is now living with us because her husband left to Iraq. That's not a problem. My problem now is that I have a small business and my girlfriend runs the business with me know for about a year things are kind of slow know and there's bills to be paid at the house. The 17 year old work delivering pizza and is saving up for a car that the mother want's him to buy. And the daughter now lives with us and she works full time and receives her husbands check from the military. The daughter is also styding to be a lawyer and she and her husband bought and financed a piece of land which they are making monthly payments on. She only helps out with $300 a month for the mortgage of $1600 and buys food for 2 weeks out of the month. Mind you ever since being in this relationship I have not been able to save a penny I've been scratching to pay my own mortgage on my apartment which has nothing to do with this relationship. Now my girlfriend told me that if her son inlaw gets stationed in Florida he's going to live with us and share half the bills. His parents are well of financially to help them find a place to live elsewhere. But my girlfriend wants her daughter with her will in school and those not want her son inlaw's parents in there lives. My girlfriend is deeply involved in my daily small business and here leaving will affect it some. Now I problem is I do not want her daughter and son inlaw living with us. I will have to give up my comfort my way of living which I have done already to an extent. If I bring this up it will be the end of our relationship or a big family problem will occur. These are not my kids, I don't have any kids and I don't really know what to do. Any Help would be appreciated.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 08:40 AM
    You moved in with your girlfriend but you have an apartment.
    Would it be possible for you and your girlfriend to live there and let her kids live in her house?
    Or maybe even the other way around?
    coastal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 08:52 AM
    My apartment is rented out to a family member. My girlfriends daughter inlaws parents have lots of real estate property but my girlfriend doesn't want her daughter or him asking his parents for anything. I feel like I'm supporting the entire family and sometimes I feel like telling her that it's over but I then feel bad about doing that. I just really don't know what to do. I never been in any situation like this especially with an older women with grown kids. There is a 10 year difference between her and me. In reality I'm with her because she is a great business women other than that I would not be with her.?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 08:55 AM
    it sounds like it all boils down to love or money
    and from what you just said it sounds like love isn't much in the equation
    so you figure the love isn't all that much of a motive to be with her?
    The money with her isn't all that great?

Doesn't sound like there is much of a relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 07:22 AM
    You moved in with her and to some extent have to go along with her family as its her choice how she deals with them. Its pretty unrealistic to think you can change their family dynamic.

How long were you together as a couple before you moved in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Live in HI, married in BC-she never came to US [ 1 Answers ]

I had a relationship with a woman from British Columbia. She went home for a visit and they wouldn't let her re-enter the US because she overstayed her visa. We continued the relationship long-distance and decided to marry so we could be together here in the US . We married in October and she still...

My daughter wants to live with me [ 2 Answers ]

How old does she have to be to tell the judge that she wants to live with me?

I live with my girlfriend [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I met this girl and she is pretty much amazing. She does everything, she always smiles, and she loves the heck out of me. We moved in immediately after meeting each other cause we really wanted to. Probably not the best decision. Now its been 4 months and I don't have that same feelings as I...

My daughter wants to live with me [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter currently lives with her father in Ohio. I reside in Indiana. She is 12 1/2 and hates her stepmother. Her stepmother has treated her awful and her father now sides with the stepmom. She has went from an honor student to failling grades. Will a judge let her make the decision where...

View more questions Search