Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jul 13, 2008, 08:28 AM
    My 1st Acting Audition tomorrow! What should I expect?
    I have my first ever audition tomorrow for a TV series! I have never been to an audition before, they gave me about 4 lines to remember. I was just wondering if any one can tell me what I can expect? Does someone read lines with me or do I just read these lines all together or what? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Leith Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Jul 13, 2008, 08:35 AM
    I would find it easier to practice with someone and also practicing with someone may make you feel more comfortable on the stage because you would have already said it in front of someone before. But don't get to stressed about it let the words flow evenly ^_^ everything will be fine and I'm sure what ever happens you will do great! Good luck ill be cheering for you (even though I don't know you but oh well) go you! Hehe
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 20anonymous08
    I have my first ever audition tomorrow for a tv series! I have never been to an audition before, they gave me about 4 lines to remember. I was just wondering if any one can tell me what I can expect? Does someone read lines with me or do I just read these lines all together or what? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Your Agent should be giving you lots of advice - as I recall, far more advice than necessary - about how this particular casting director works, what he/she wants to see, how to present yourself - look young, look old, look sophisticated, look unsophisticated.

I never auditioned for TV but did for Broadway plays (and print ads, a whole different thing) and I've seen all sorts of variations - usually started handing over your resume (they already had your book and your tapes) and copy of your union card; question and answer session to see if you have any sort of presence - you on the stage and "them" sitting somewhere in the audience, disembodied voices interviewing you; asked to read 1 (or all of the lines) with different emotions - surprise, curiosity, happy, sad. If you got through that, then you were asked to wait and read the same lines opposite other people.

Sometimes Agent is allowed to be there, other times not.

Then maybe another person and another - until casting is finished.

Would imagine TV is the same, plus live test shots.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    Your Agent should be giving you lots of advice - as I recall, far more advice than necessary - about how this particular casting director works, what he/she wants to see, how to present yourself - look young, look old, look sophisticated, look unsophisticated.

I never auditioned for TV but did for Broadway plays (and print ads, a whole different thing) and I've seen all sorts of variations - usually started out handing over your resume (they already had your book and your tapes) and copy of your union card; question and answer session to see if you have any sort of presence - you on the stage and "them" sitting somewhere in the audience, disembodied voices interviewing you; asked to read 1 (or all of the lines) with different emotions - surprise, curiosity, happy, sad. If you got through that, then you were asked to wait and read the same lines opposite other people.

Sometimes Agent is allowed to be there, other times not.

Then maybe another person and another - until casting is finished.

Would imagine TV is the same, plus live test shots.

Responding to your comment - things must have changed. In "my day" you could not audition without an agent because the casting director didn't want to be in a position where you were perfect and they wanted to hire you and then you had to scramble to find an agent and/or business manager for them to deal with.

Good to know the agents aren't out there on day 1 scarfing up commissions - or collecting fees. Probably caused a lot of bad agents to go out of business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good audition songs? [ 8 Answers ]

What would be some good audition songs? For a medium to low voice?

Download the Audition patch? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi every time I try to download the Audition patch it eventually says its unable to download and then its says its missing AUDITION06033.zip?:(

Musical audition [ 3 Answers ]

I am auditioning to become an entertainer! Mainly a singer and need 2 up to date audition songs for a female vocalist! Anyone any ideas? One needs to be a ballad and one uptempo!?

Audition songs for 'Oliver!' [ 2 Answers ]

My son is auditioning for the part of 'Oliver'. He needs to have 2 songs prepared to sing. I have pasted a part of the audition details to the end of this question. I am thinking of 'Circle of Life' and 'Under the Sea'. Do you think these are good choices based on what they say they are...

Orchestral audition CD'S [ 1 Answers ]

I want to audition classical pieces on a CD and be able to erase and re record when necessary. What type of blank CD should I buy?

View more questions Search