Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    omega3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Tainted e-coli meat
    If they use tainted meat with e-coli for dog food how do they properly handle it so employee handling it don't get sick?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Because you have to eat it to get sick.

Porperly handling it means not cutting other foods on cutting boards that you cut meat on

Cross contamination Be Smart - Keep Foods Apart
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 26, 2008, 01:31 AM
    E-coli can be deadly to pets and people. I have had it, and it is not fun. Like NoHelp said, it needs to be ingested. I would be more worried about the animals that are eating this food if it's contaminated. Always buy quality dog food, and report any cross contamination with dog food to the authorities. Our pets trust us to take care of them, as well as ourselves.
    apcowboy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 07:07 AM

"Cooking would render any pathogen harmless,"
    "An E. coli . . . contaminated beef product must not be distributed until it has
    been processed into a ready-to-eat product," according to federal regulations.
    The regulations do not require companies to disclose whether products contain
    Cooked, recalled meat. There is no record of anyone getting sick from eating
    A product made with cooked recalled meat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tainted bio claire bought on eBay. [ 21 Answers ]

"Where can I find legit bio claire sellers?" Im dissapointed to say that I received a package of bio claire in the mail today that was previously used:mad:... seriously! The bottle cap was unscrewed, the protection seal broken, and there is literally finger impressions inside!:( I purchased from...

Girlfriend's tainted past [ 17 Answers ]

I've been with this girl for a little over a year now and I love her and she's awesome, she could easily pose for playboy or FHM or some other trash mag (and getting her PhD, by the way). Anyhow, we talk about getting married all the time, but I have such a hard time getting over some stuff in her...

How do you know if you have meat the one [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the guy that I can spend mylife with, someone that will treat me like a lady, respect me, love me 4 who I am and not take me for granted. Someone that if he does not see me, he just want to call or jump on the next bus that is availabele, someone that I can love and would love me...

Old meat [ 3 Answers ]

Hello cookers: If you have some hamburger that's laid around for a close to a week, and then you cook it, does the time start over again? excon

My dog will not eat anything but any type of meat what can I feed her besides meat? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog,Sheba,will not eat anything but meat.I know why she won't but how do I get her to eat dog food again?Sheba is nine years old and she has some arthritis and I put an arthritis pill,that my veternarian gave me, in her dog food a couple weeks ago and now she won't eat her dog food because the...

View more questions Search