Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roninsolis63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 11:53 PM
    How do I install a new Honeywell RTH230B from Honeywell T8195B
    Good evening.

Our old thermostat was model T8195B which came with wires C,Y,W,R & G. has no rererence as to where they hook up. The new one RTH230B doesn't say where these wires go. I've removed the Rc/Rh jumper according the instruction manual. Nothing went on at all. What can I go

Thank you
    Solis
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 13, 2008, 03:43 AM
    Just in case you lost your directions I took the liberty to post them below

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-1800.pdf

All the wires are listed in the directions so I would read them to make sure you wired the thermostat correctly.

The only wire no listed is the C but it is only for the old clock transformer that you do not need to use with the new stat.

There is a toll free phone number in the instructions on the lower right side at the bottom. Call honeywell they will have your answer.

NOTE: There are a few setting that you will have to do. They are also described in the instructions.

HINT: RH and RC since you really only have a 4 wire system to start with you need to reconnect them.

BTW here is the old thermostat wiring so you can compare wiring.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-0564.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell RTH230B [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a very old thermostat, White-Rodgers 135-415, which I'd like to convert to a Honeywell RTH230B. Currently there are only 3 wires that are connected to the thermostat (which is only for my apartment's heat. White wire is connected to what looks to be labeled "Common" Black...

Install Honeywell RTH230B, Removing Honeywell Q674L [ 2 Answers ]

I am removing a old (1987) Honeywell Mercury THermostat Q472L Base that has W, R, Y, G, B, O. The RTH230B has Rc (which I assume to be B), Rh (which I assume to be R), Y (to Y), W(to W), G (to G). I have no idea what to do with the O (which I read could be the Changeover. Do I just tape it up...

Honeywell RTH230B [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a way that I can use my thermostat without it being programmed to come on at a specific time. Someone has reset it somehow and now the A/C isn't coming on during the night which in the summer time is unbearable. I just want to be able to set it so that it comes on when I hit the button. ...

Honeywell rth230b [ 2 Answers ]

I installed the honeywell rth230b thermostat in the house for a furnace. I hooked all the yellow wire green wire and white wire up to each of the corresponding holes for each color I have a red wire and two holes for rc and rh not sure which hole to put the wire and is it supposed to be jumpered...

Honeywell RTH230B [ 6 Answers ]

I am installing a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat but am not sure of the wiring. I have 6 wires colored as follows, red, green, white, yellow, and 2 blue wires. Please advise?

View more questions Search