Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seneca57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 06:04 PM
    HB Windward II Glass Globe defect
    I have found there is a design defect with the Hampton Bay Windward II ceiling fan in that you must exert so much pressure to remove the glass globe that came with the fan that they will crack and break. I come to this conclusion by reading others experiences on the internet (same as mine) and my personal experience. I called King of Fans and they were all too happy to send me a new globe at 20 bucks plus 15 bucks shipping - total 35 bucks.

This is for models523 342 abd 523 127. UPC codes of 082392552954 (Brushed steel) and 082392552961 (white).

The defect I found is that the original globe went onto the fan too tight. The replacement globe goes on looser and hangs down a bit from the chassis of the fan proper. This proves a redesign was done for the globe.

My question is where to go for a refund as the web site has no contact information other than go to Home depot who doesn't sell the globe or will help.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 05:29 PM
    You already talked to the appropriate people: King of Fans makes many Hampton Bay products including the Windward. They would be the ones to petition about the refund. I think since you already paid for it you're probably out of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I change the light /remove the globe in hampton bay fan windward II model? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello I have a Hampton Bay - pretty sure it is model #55295 (comes with remote forward/reverse) - the light just went out and I can't figure out how to get the globe off to change the light bulb. I swear we had a professor, an IT guy and another idiot (that's me) who should have collectively been...

Locating Glass Globe [ 2 Answers ]

I've been looking for the globe that goes with the Ceiling Fan that I have. Hunter Model 25872 (52" Sojourn II Brushed Chrome Ceiling Fan w/ Light I’ve gone to the Hunter web site but it comes up invalid. I have had this fan for 6 years I only need the globe if possible please help me locate the...

Types of timber defect [ 1 Answers ]

I try looking for it on the internet and I cannot see it help me please

Bought home seller hid defect [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I bought a home 2 years ago in Minnesota the owner now lives in Wisconsin... when we moved into the house we started having problem with coming through the ceiling in the kitchen... we had a plumber come to fix something else and he said it must be coming from the shower... but there was...

Ceiling Fan - cannot get glass globe off [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I currently have a Hampton Bay Tripoli 48" ceiling fan in one of my bedrooms. My husband pulled one of the pull chains so hard that part of it came off and it is now in 2 pieces. One piece is stuck in the fan and we cannot have the fan on with the light off... since that is the...

View more questions Search