Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lainey1978 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Looking for title of an 80's movie about a woman who can control fire
    Hello,

I saw a movie when I was a kid in the 80's about a woman who grows up to be able to control fire. It is definitely not "Firestarter." It starts with this girl's birthday party, and after she goes to bed her house catches on fire (I think maybe from the birthday candles or something), and either her dad or her uncle throws her over the upstairs railing and either her dad or her uncle catches her. Anyway, then she grows up and she can control fire--she can make it look like a little creature that's walking, etc. I believe the girl in the movie had light blonde hair. It's not her, but think Donna Dixon-looking. I saw it in the theatre with my Mom, and I think I saw it on TV a few years later. Nobody seems to have ever heard of it before! I have no idea what it is. If anyone could tell me what it is, I would be really grateful. It bugs me that nobody knows what I'm talking about. Thanks!
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 05:19 PM
    I think what your looking for may be a movie called Firestarter which was originally a movie by steven king and in 1984 was made into a movie.
    Check this out and let me know if this is it: Firestarter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or Firestarter (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jul 12, 2008, 11:07 PM
    I appreciate your response, but as I said in my original post, it's definitely not "Firestarter." That's everybody's first guess, though. "Firestarter" has nothing about a birthday party, and nothing where she's all grown up.
    jessb Posts: 290, Reputation: 51

Jul 13, 2008, 02:17 AM
    I know u said not fire starter... but there was a sequal to the movie with an older girl in it..
    Firestarter 2: Rekindled (2002) (TV)

Jul 13, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Thanks, but the one I'm looking for was in the mid-80's. I wish I could remember more detail. I think the fire on her birthday had something to do with her ability to manipulate fire in her future. It was an important part of the story.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainey1978
    I appreciate your response, but as I said in my original post, it's definitely not "Firestarter." That's everybody's first guess, though. "Firestarter" has nothing about a birthday party, and nothing where she's all grown up.
    Woops... I'll keep looking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Title of early 90's or late 80's movie title [ 21 Answers ]

All I can remember is a boy being taken away from his mom in a clear barrel by NASA guys dressed in white suits. Something about doing experiments on him was needed or something. Please help me out if possible.

Looking For 80's romance/drama movie Fire and Ice? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for more information and possibly a location where I can buy a copy of a movie I saw I believe sometime in the early to mid 1980's. I thought it was called Fire and Ice. It was about a boy who falls in love with a girl and helps her escape from a juvenile detention center (or...

What is the title of an old b/w movie that has a scene where a woman seated at a dres [ 1 Answers ]

There is an old B/W movie that has a scene where a lady seated at her dresser rips a photo of a man.She makes a tear across his face.This is all that I remember of the movie.It must be very old-40"s,50's?The man in the photo was dark haired & very handsome.I believe she had the picture in a left...

What the movie title? About an older woman that kills a lot of people [ 2 Answers ]

I seen this movie a long time ago.. I'd say somewhere around the year 1990.. but the movie is older than that... It's about an older lady that kills people and stores them in her basement... She's a bit of an outcast at her work place.. so she doesn't have many friends.. she ends up killing even...

View more questions Search