Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denman Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2008, 02:54 PM
    John deere 14SB belt replacement
    The drive belt on my jd 14sb mower broke and from what I've read in other threads, it seems I need to pull the engine to replace belt. If so, any (or all) "how to" help and pitfalls to look out for would be appreciated. Thanks
    ndhood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 01:32 PM
    Just 4 bolts hold the motor on. However reinstalling the tension spring is a little rough. I found it best to start the bolt closest to the spring then gently pry it over to get in the second bolt. There is also a belt guard you will have to remove. 2 bolts hold that in place. Then just set the motor back on making sure to have the belt in the right space to reach the trans. Looks a lot harder to do than it is good luck.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 01:51 PM

Hi,
    Engine does NOT have to be removed! I answered this a few months ago with a long description of how it was done. I will look it up.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 01:57 PM

Hi,
    And of course I did not read and the original post is older than my original reply, that was on a JX75 (which is green instead of silver.)
    Peace,
    Clarke
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/tools-...nt-352472.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

John deere mowing deck belt replacement [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone show me a diagram of how to replace the drive belt on a 42 inch deck on a john deere lx255 mowingriding mower?

Belt replacement diagram for john deere mod 68 rid. Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone show me a diagram of the deck drive belt (blade drive) on a John Deere model 68 riding mower 30 in. deck? I choked it up and it broke the belt. I haven't dropped the deck yet, but looking with the deck both engaged & unengaged, the way the belt guards on the pulleys look, I can't figure...

John Deere replacement [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I have a JD L120 with 65hrs and a failed Hydro, Luckily its 23months old and will receive a new Hydro under warranty. As it has only lasted 1 1/2 summers I am sceptical to it's longevity. I mow a series of slopes covering 6 acres. I am interested in a replacement that will last, any...

John deere deck belt replacement [ 3 Answers ]

How do I replace the belt on my mower deck... need diagram

Drive belt on a John Deere lawnmower 14SB [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to change the drive belt for this lawnmower? It would be greratly apprciated.

View more questions Search