Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Janine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2006, 02:14 AM
    Desperate attempt to get portuguese passport
    I currently hold a South African passport and am in the UK ona 2 year working holiday visa, in order to stay in London longer I need to apply for a portuguese passport (grandfather on fathers side portuguese) although his name is not on my fathers birth certificate.

Any chance of me actually obtaining one?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 05:29 PM
    I take it that your father is NOT Portuguese?

I don't know their laws, but I think it would be hard. Who is to say that your grandfather really is Portuguese. Who is to say this man is your grandfather?

You will need to establish that he is in fact your grandfather first I would think.
    Bball12587 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2006, 12:56 PM
    Just wondering.. why would the passport have to be portuguese?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 1, 2006, 04:56 AM
    Please refer to This thread

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese Passport [ 11 Answers ]

I am Portuguese Bilhete de Identidade (B.I.) holder and would like to collect my Portuguese passport from the Portuguese Embassy in London. I just want to know if this is possible as I will be in UK shortly on a holiday. Please. Advise. Diogo Rodrigues

Portuguese passport [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am writing this mail on behalf of one of my friend in the states. He is a goan by origin and was interested in having a portuguese passport. He is ready to come to portugal. Can you please let me know the contact details of some of the reputed attorneys in portugal who will help him in the...

My father in law possessed a Portuguese Passport Bilhete. He has since expired in 1995. Can my husband apply for a Portuguese passport? My father-in-law and mother-in-law have been married in Goa and have registered their marriage in Goa. Or does my mother in law first have to apply for a...

Hello, I am wanting to apply for a Portuguese passport as my father was half Portuguese and my Grandmother fully! Both of whom are deceased now! I know that I need a birth certificate to show proof of identity to claim a Portuguese passport, however, my dads says nothing about my mother...

Portuguese Passport [ 3 Answers ]

A friend's father was born in Portugal and he was born in South Africa, would the friend qualify for a Portuguese passport and if so what would he need to get and do to apply for the passport.

View more questions Search