Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eaas123 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Fear Of Cantering
    Right OK I have just started to learn how to canter but every time my instructor says your going to do some cantering now I try and make up and excuse but next week I have to do it and I get so scared so I hold my breath and then the horse slows down WHAT DO I DO? HELP!!
    Horses4eva Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 04:13 AM
    Relax take a deep breath and go with the horse. Holding your breath makes you tense,the horse can sense this. So trust your horse and go with him. You will soon enjoy it. Trust me . Also time will also help so no more excuses do it every week and enjoy it. Remember don't tense up!
    eaas123 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 09:14 AM
    Thanks for that I'm cantering with a really young excitable mare now and its really fun :)
    lori_1234 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

May 19, 2009, 01:49 PM

Just relax and trust your horse. Once you do it I'm sure u'll love it. I was a little afraid at first to and I love it now!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cantering my horse [ 16 Answers ]

A year and 4 months ago I perchased a 12 year old Appaloosa mare. She is well broke and can walk, trot, and back up comfortably. When I TRY to get her to canter she just streches into a faster trot. When I do get her to canter her canter is bouncy and she only canters for a couple strides then she...

HIV fear [ 27 Answers ]

I went the other day to get tested for any STD's, I am so scared of catching HIV. They say I will get the result in 2 weeks... how is someone meant to do or think of anything else when this is on their mind... I can't stop thinking about it, I'm so stressed with this. Ive foolishly had unprotected...

Fear? [ 4 Answers ]

This may sound strange, but if I walk into a room with a ceiling fan that I going, I just freeze up, my heart starts pounding, and I have to literally force myself out of the room. If I am in the room, and the fan is not on, I'm fine, but as soon as someone turns it on, I practically run out of...

Fear [ 16 Answers ]

1. What is fear? 2. What causes fear? 3. What are some physical signs of fear? 4. How do you get over fear? This can be just general scientific answers or personal answers. I need someone else's points of view. :confused:

View more questions Search