Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwayne71 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 11:08 AM
    220 4 wire outlet in my garage
    I have a 220 4 wire outlet in my garage that I want to change to a 3 wire 220 outlet to power a welder. How do I do this?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 11:32 AM
    DUPLICATE THREAD

Existing thread here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...ge-236616.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

220 4 wire outlet in my garage [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 220 4 wire outlet in my garage that I want to change to a 3 wire 220 outlet to power a welder. How do I do this?

Black smutaround outlet in garage [ 2 Answers ]

The outlet in my garage won't work!I had a fridge plugged into it.now there's black smut around it how do I replace the outlet?

Garage Outlet Mystery [ 3 Answers ]

Hello and thanks for looking at my problem. I am going to describe my problem the best that I can. A couple of weeks ago I came home form work and the electric opener on my detached garage wasn't opening. I opened the door manually and went to investigate. My door opener motor is plugged into...

Adding GFI outlet to garage light switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have a switch that controls the outside garage light and would like to put an outlet next to it. The switch has a black wire and a wite one marked black. So do I just add the switch in to the hot (black) wre then make a "jumper" wire from the white side to the black hot side of the switch, and...

240 volt four wire in 240 three wire outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a generator that has (2) 20 amp 110 outlets and (1) 240 outlet. The 240 outlet have receptacle for four wire plug but I want to use it in a three 930 wire 240 volt plug at other end. Is this a workable solution?

View more questions Search