Ask
    levipuppy Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Looking 4 something interesting
    Does anyone know about any good books I can't seem 2 find 1
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 11:25 AM
    A matter of Survival, written by Norma Fox Mazer it is a scholastic book.

I bought it for my daughter to take to church camp, it sounds intereseting, I will probably read it as well.

Em spent the first 14 years of her life suffering her fathers' alcoholic rage and her mothers silent depression and the next 3 trapped with her abusive older sister.
    Now her sister is dead and Em is alone. She is trying to live her life as she imagines "normal people do"...
    kphippsa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Crank by Ellen Hopkins! It's a novel written in a poetic form.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 11:10 AM
    I am assuming you are in your early teens...
    Anything by S.E. Hinton - The Outsiders, Rumblefish, Tex.
    Some good Classics - Tom Sawyer, Where The Red Fern Grows
    A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
    CESElizabeth Posts: 81, Reputation: 7

Sep 2, 2008, 08:30 PM
    All Creatures Great and Small, written by a Yorkshire Vet (he wrote 3 books, all are great). I take from your post you are an animal lover and this is a good book for all ages. Science Fiction would be anything written by Robert Heinlein, he wrote both children, teens and adult books. If you like history, books by Michner: Hawaii, The Source, Centenial. Les Miserables is also a good book (changed the justice system). Agatha Christie is a great mystery writter, Ten Little Indians and Then there were none.

Frankie
    davina4822 Posts: 55, Reputation: 9

Sep 3, 2008, 09:07 AM
    That's a pretty open-ended question. Go to your local library and talk to the librarian. Really. They don' bite and they're pros at matching people and books. Tell her/ him what you like in a story, and you'll be guided well. Or go to an independent bookstore, not a chain, and talk to someone there. Independent bookstore owners know their stock and base their business on meeting a customer's needs. It's called hand-selling, and it's a real skill. I've found some of my best reads from bookshop recommendations. And try something new, even if you don't think you'll like it. That's how you discover new things about yourself and your world.
    jazmine16 Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Sep 24, 2008, 05:59 AM

I'm don't really know what kind of stories interests you so ill recommend some of the books that I really like :)

My sister's keeper by jodi picoult. A must read.
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. If you like a romantic story.
    The clique series. I forgot the name of the author but you can look at it in the internet. :D this book is for girls.
    Then... the street lawyer by grisham. If you want something very deep. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Obama - Interesting! [ 1 Answers ]

Flip-flopping along! Political Radar: Obama's Bracket: The Politics of Nope

Interesting IUD [ 22 Answers ]

Okay so here I am sitting at the comp trying not to get sick as my stomach is rolling... I have been doing some research on my merina IUD recently and what I've found makes me seriously worry about my birth control choice. Now my worry may be for nothing. Anyway, let me start at the beginning. I...

More interesting than God [ 36 Answers ]

Every time I get involved in the debates that erupt here between the atheists and the theists, I end up feeling bemused by the fact that so much attention is focused on the question of whether "God" exists. It's been done to death. I'm more interested in the question of whether there exists a...

I love her to death but should I stay n sumthing that don't exist [ 1 Answers ]

I have mess up a lot throughout my relationship wit my girl and even wit the same thing more then once. What really upsets me is when I'm telling her I love her or I miss her she would say yea right or something negative. I take that to da heart sometimes and get upset. I told her that, and she...

View more questions Search