Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cornedbeef Posts: 152, Reputation: 4

Jul 12, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Can yukka plants survive outdoors in a u.k. climate.
    Hi, I have a yukka that is approx 4 ft high and well established. It is getting too big for the house and I was wondering if it would survive outdoors in it's large pot in the English climate?
    Thanks
    Richard.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 06:11 AM
    I don't think it would be good for it here are a couple links that might be helpful

Exotic Plants in a Cool Climate

Yucca Plant Care | The Versatile Spineless Yucca Excellent for Indoor Use
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Hi Richard, I 've had a yucca plant for over 20 years, which is around 5ft high, like yourself it is taking over the house.

I have actually chopped it off twice now, because of it's size,both times it has been in mid-summer and I have put it outside, each time it has flourished back to it's former glory.

I must add that these summers were the scorching hot ones and not like the present day.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Yucca plants are sold in garden centres here in Ontario already quite mature. They survive our climate extremes and keep growing.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 15, 2008, 10:22 PM
    :rolleyes: I was going to say that I have one in WV that's doing fine and several here in SW PA that thrive. All have been in the ground and left there for >20 yrs. But tickle beats me w/ Ontario...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ammonium Sulfide 3ml (approx) safe outdoors? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Would 3mL of an Ammonium Sulfide solution be considered unsafe and/or annoying if it were used outside on private property? I live in a city and want to keep my stoop clear of those wanting to use it as a smoking, foul language and vomit stop (yep, cleaned it up last sat). I have an...

Two new kittens that are outdoors [ 1 Answers ]

I just got two 9 week old kittens yesterday. They were brother and sister. They were outside cats. They were eating rats, pork and beans, meat, dog food, cat food. I just got them kitten chow but they barely eat it what should I do ? Also how do I teach them to be indoor kittens when they are...

Condenser fan (outdoors) doesn't work [ 2 Answers ]

Today is my first time this year to use the central air condition. However, the condenser fan (outdoors) doesn't work. I cab hear the buzz noise. The unit inside the home is working. The condenser fan doesn't even rotate when I try to move it by hand. What I can do with it? Thanks a lot!

View more questions Search