Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Who cares that she did not give you a farewell, would that have made you feel better if she did? Maybe your not over her and that's why its bothering you. I couldn't care less what my ex thinks of me or if they misses me because they are not in my life for a reason. Don't sit and worry about her and her life and wants she doing or where she's going because at this point she owes you nothing and you should move on.

To answer your question if our exes misses us, who cares if they do or don't.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Rome is right... it really does no good sitting around wondering if they are thinking about you.

Chances are, she is thinking about you at random times, just as you are of her. You shared a string of moments... those moments pop into her head just like they pop into yours. The real question is, do those "popping moments" make you smile and thankful for the time that you shared, or do they bring regret and pain?

Its time to realize that you had a great relationship, you have great memories, but you've both decided to move on with your life. There is nothing wrong with that. It was probably the right thing to do. Remembering the good times is not wrong, but living in the past will only make you lose out on good things today.

I wish you the best of luck... keep looking forward. :)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 05:42 AM
    It doesn't matter what she thinks or feels. Dwelling on it is only doing more harm than good.
    What would you gain by thinking she IS thinking of me she IS missing me.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 16, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Your mind is playing tricks on you. Enjoy the memories, but ignore the pangs that go with.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 16, 2008, 04:44 PM
    The last thing you want to do, is wonder if this, what if that. Look forward not back.

I know your still freshly hurt though.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 04:50 PM
    It depends who called it quits. Whoever said bye most likely not the one who misses and even if they do, their future is much important for them than looking back.
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Jul 16, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Even if she was completely failing miserably in every aspect of her life because you're not around would that make you feel better?

It's hard to think this way, but once you practice reminding yourself that her misery doesn't matter to you, you'll be better for it.
    Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 05:43 AM
    I never went back to ask. I was to busy moving on. I did a lot of moving on, back in the day.

Some of them had to miss me a little though, you think??
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jul 17, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I never went back to ask. I was to busy moving on. I did a lot of moving on, back in the day.

Some of them had to miss me a little though, you think????
    Yeah I think they probably missed you at least a little Tal. I know I still think about the women I broke up with in the past. I don't really miss them but I do wonder and hope they are doing okay.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman

Some of them had to miss me a little though, you think????
    I'm sure they missed you, Tal. You're a missable type of guy. :D
    1927city Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Is this a date invite?
    Hi

Er - I've posted on here before as broke up with my ex about 3 months ago and well... only started feeling remotely OK last week. Went to the pub a few days ago and met a girl I know a little who had also broken from her guy.

Well we both were looking at hols to escape and I casually said that she and her mate should come with us lads when we had decided where we were going.

Anyway, got this on Facebook today...

Hey! I can access you now, probably just facebook ing up! I'm just looking into our hol now, I can't take another one other than the one with my mate, but thanks for letting me know!You sorted anything out yet? So, your ex being a pain in the arse then? If you wanna meet for a drink and about ex's I'm up for that next week, can exchange outsider opinions and get the opposite sexes point of view! When did you say you guys broke up? x

Is this a date?

I'm not sure I fancy her - she's really cool and I am sure we could have a laugh, but again, not 100% I fancy her and also not sure I even want to date anyone at the moment?

What do people think?

J
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Sounds like she just wants somebody to basically cry in her beer with -no date.
    Who knows what it could develop into though??
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 12:42 PM
    possibility. It seems that she is asking some questions about your x. maybe to see where you stand. Go out with her. Don't treat it as a date. Talk about what she originally wanted to talk about. After a few beers, it might turn into a date. LOL.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 12:42 PM
    No date... just a shoulder to relate and cry on
    Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Date?? NO!! Sounds like a great time though.
    JustMarried614 Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Jul 17, 2008, 07:47 PM
    It does sound like a good time!

Jul 18, 2008, 01:14 AM
    'good time'? DO you mean a laugh... or a good time lol?

Its just a bit weird as I don't really know her well enough for her to suggest it and the line 'when did you guys break up?'... strikes fear into me!

She is cool and not unattractive... I've just never thought of her that way. I probably would be up for messing around if it came to it... but fairly certain if it was a date with a view to anything other than fun... well, I'm not in that place at the moment.

If it was beers and getting smashed with someone new... then I'm definitely up for that.

J
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 18, 2008, 01:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1927city
    'good time'? DO you mean a laugh ...or a good time lol?

Its just a bit weird as I don't really know her well enough for her to suggest it and the line 'when did you guys break up?' ...strikes fear into me!

She is cool and not unattractive ...I've just never thought of her that way. I probably would be up for messing around if it came to it ...but fairly certain if it was a date with a view to anything other than fun ...well, I'm not in that place at the moment.

If it was beers and getting smashed with someone new ...then I'm definitely up for that.

J
    You are reading too much into her questions. She just want's to share 'war' stories with the opposite sex to get other point of view. Since we all take our own time in getting over the ex, her question was not too strange. She could just be curious where you stand at your current 'healing' stage to compare it to her's.

I don't know what 'hol' means, I don't do myspace, Facebook, or any other such site, so you could maybe explain that to me.

I'm also a dry alcoholic and feel that you don't really need to get pie-eyed to go out and just talk with someone about a common subject. But is does not sound like she meant a date. And what it will lead to - well, your guess is as good as our's - there are no guarantees, but it still should not stop you from just getting to know her and having someone to communicate with.

Have a good weekend!

Jul 18, 2008, 02:05 AM
    SOUNDS COOL - Just a bit wary of getting myself into a situation that I'm not sure I want or are even ready for at the moment.

Good to have possibilities though and options!

J
    Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 05:22 AM
    The last thing you do after a break up, is isolate yourself, and be closed to meeting new people. That's not a healthy way to approach healing.

Just because a female is friendly, doesn't mean she wants to have your babies, so having realistic expectations is key. In other words don't think beyond what you see, keeping another broken heart company, and enjoying it. Keep it simple.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants to take a break, very complicated situation (long) [ 9 Answers ]

So this will be a bit of a long read, I'll probably catch some heat on this situation but id still like to get some other people's perspectives. So were to begin. So I met this girl when I first started my new job. She was married. She still is. She is also 35 and I'm 25. Really connected...

A/c split ductless recommendation sought [ 3 Answers ]

So, my wife wants to add a/c to a 400 s.f. room in our home, so I'm thinking something I can do with a split - condenser hung under rafters of our one story ranch home, and the fan/thermostat unit in the area she wants cooled. I looked at a mitsubishi, but it required 220vac 20amp (?could be...

Answer sought about Bryant Furnaces [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older (35+year old) Bryant furnace, it has no apparent model #. Just a unit # 85BA88 H8AJ9732. When I started it up for the season it fails to work off thermostat. I can start it manually and when it heats up to temp level fan starts. There is no power coming to thermostat from the...

Bush TV manufacturers contact sought [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bush TV for which we have lost the remote control - I would like to get in touch with the manufacturer to see if I can purchase a new one from them, but am having no success with finding a listing for them on the web - can anyone help, please ?

View more questions Search