Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tropikool Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 11:34 PM
    How do I get this Lady I'm living with GET A LIFE?
    Hey, I'm 23 years old and temporarily living with a lady (aged 39) I know and her two kids until I've saved up enough money to move out. Anyway... this particular lady is forever getting jealous of me koz I have a social life and she doesn't! She has asked me several times to help her organise an outing for her but when I do she always declines! Im getting sick of her attitude towards me she is always saying to me 'why do you always go out? stop hooking up with guys and stay home for once!! I have organised a few dinners at restaurants with people from my job and family members that are her age but then when the night comes, she hides in her room and pretends she's sick. It annoys me koz I put in money for the dinner JUST FOR HER! And it seems like she don't care what I do for her. She only has one friend in the real world and about a thousand online that she isn't even met! I've tried so many times to help her leave the house for once but she refuses and then complains to me that she gets bored staying at home!! Her life is waking up, having a coffee and staying on the computer all day talking to an online lover from a diff country! She never takes her kids out, she always asks me to take them out koz she's busy talking to a fake online boyfriend. I try and take her kids out as much as I can but I work Monday to Thursday and go out straight after work, and fri,sat,n Sunday I'm out. I really don't know how else to help her, and every time she asks me to help her I just ignore her now koz I know when the night comes, she hides in her room. Any help or advice would be appreciated people. Thank you. I don't mean to sound horrible about this lady but I have wasted a lot of time and money on her.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 03:19 AM
    If what you are doing isn't helping and you are frustrated trying then the only thing you can do is move out. She obviously doesn't want any help or she would take you up on your kind offers and assistance. Once would be enough for me.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 03:26 AM
    You see how predictable she is so why bother.
    As long as she isn't giving you choices like if you don't... then... or else
    Then just let what she says go in one ear and out the other.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 05:49 AM
    One addiction is much like other addictions,computers and TV have kept the world from going out to enjoy the great concept of fellowship.

If she doesn't like the idea of you 'hooking her up' DON'T DO IT anymore.She is misery looking for company, don't fall prey to the misery.

KBC
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 06:05 PM
    I'm not sure-are you and this woman sleeping together in exchange for special considerations?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 09:49 PM
    She sounds scared to go out. You represent a normalcy that she knows is lacking in her life. Why don't you have a heart to heart talk with her and tell her what you see. She sounds like a nice person, but a frightened one. Never mind that you do not feel afraid, she does. However, it is not your job to make her life okay.
    thisnthatshoppe Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jul 12, 2008, 09:54 PM
    The only thing you can do is either endure or move out. You have done what you can. This woman and her kids are not your responsibility. She sounds like she has a low self-image and maybe some psychological problems. You can not necessarily help her there. She needs a professional. You need your own life and do not need to be dargged down by her moods.
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jul 13, 2008, 07:31 PM
    MAYBE, she has anxiety issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The ex wife is living the life [ 7 Answers ]

My husband was married for 15 years before, we just got married last year. My husband has a business that is going under but was very strong for 19 years. The divorce courts are making him pay 9,000.00 per month to the ex wife ( who works now as a teacher) my husband will loose his income and mine...

Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Placement of Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? Thanks & Regards

Is life worth living [ 2 Answers ]

All my life I've been ether bulled, lonely and miserble when I was younger I was sexually abused by my friend dad and I didn't tell anyone about it not even my parents so I've grew up for the past 10 years holding that secreat and I don't feel comfonted around boys they were rather taken by other...

Little old lady [ 3 Answers ]

There was a little old lady, who every morning. Stepped onto her front Porch, raised her arms to the sky, and shouted: 'PRAISE THE LORD!' One day an atheist moved into the house next door. He became irritated at The little old lady. Every morning he'd step onto his front porch after her...

I am Tired of living this life! [ 22 Answers ]

Hi I am 23 years Old Married with Three kids. My oldest Is three and I have 11months old twins. I having of thoughts and feelings about Leaving my husband and just find myself. I mean I have been Married for four Years Now and we have been dating for three years so that's 7 years almost 8 years...

View more questions Search