Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binnymann Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 09:41 PM
    Adjusting trial balance
    I need help with the following question. I am new to accounting.. I want to check my answers before submission. Any sort of help with be very appreciated.

Trail Bal April 30 dr cr

Cash $5912
    Accounts Receivable $5240
    Supplies in Hand $2967
    Furniture and Equipment $6100
    Accounts payable $7044
    Common shares $8000
    Retained earnings $2000
    Service revenue $5200
    Office expense $4320

1. Cash received from customer on account was recorded (both dr and cr a) as $1380 instead of $1830.
    2. The purchase on account of a computer costing $3200 was recorded as a debit to office expense and a credit to accounts payable.
    3. Services that were perfoemed for $2250 on account for a client were recorded as a $2250 debit to accounts receivable and a $225 credit to service revenue.
    4. A payment of $95 for telephone charges was entered as a debit to office expense and a debit to cash.
    5. The service revue account was totalled $5200 instead of $5280.

Instructions:
    Use the information to prepare a correct balance.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 08:45 PM
    If you want to check your answers, please submit your answers.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trial Balance & Adjusting Entries [ 9 Answers ]

I'm in extreme need of help for an accounting class that I am taking. To say I'm bad in accounting is an understatement, but here goes the question that I need help with. "Included in Martinez Company’s December 31 trial balance is a note receivable of $10,000. The note is a 4-month, 12%...

Adjusting Trial Balance [ 4 Answers ]

Hey people, just wondering if you could help me out. I had to do an online quiz and it confused the hell out of me. :confused: Cause no matter what I did (even when doing exactly what the book said, it was wrong) Scenic Tours Limited's unadjusted trial balance is presented below. SCENIC TOURS...

Adjusting trial Balance [ 4 Answers ]

My teacher has not really gone over this adjusting trial stuff. Actually is safe to say that she has not taught us anything. So can you please help me? I would it. Unadjusted trial balance for Dec 31 2006 Cash $86000 (debit) Accounts Receivable $17500 (debit) Supplies $1900 (debit)...

View more questions Search