Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Allium Bulbs
    I have dug up some allium bulbs. I want to replant them next Spring. What do I do now?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 11, 2008, 01:07 PM
    I have noticed the tall lovely chive style heads on these lovely plants many times in garden tours but don't have any. I have noticed that here in southeastern Ontario they are left in the ground and mulched so they don't dry out. They are very similar to tulip bulbs and I leave mine in so they can multiply and seeing as allium are very similar I would hope that they would multiply too.

You have already dug them up, so I would suggest you do as they appeared when you bought them, probably in a mesh bag and dry. So hang them in your garage or basement, in a mesh bag, but don't dig them up next year, mulch them and leave them in, mark them, so you know where they are.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 15, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Don't clean of all the dirt and store them in a box or bag in a cool dark place. Then replant after last frost. I don't remember right know how, but you can force them to bloom indoors...

_

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 way bulbs [ 2 Answers ]

:rolleyes: what wattage do you get when you put a 3 way bulb in a one way socket

The cost for 1500 watt MH bulbs and Multitap ballast for MH bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the cost of installation for 1500 watt MH bulbs and Multitap ballast for MH bulbs. Materiall cost will be beneficial. Barbara Ivory

Bulbs keep failing [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys. I have a living room fire that is a blow heater with low and high settings and a flame effect that automatically comes on when the heater is on. In the past the light which is a Fireglow bulb(60w painted red) went off so I initially thought it had blew but when I lightly tapped the...

Fluorescent bulbs [ 2 Answers ]

How much mercury is there in a fluorescent bulbs that are used to replace incandescent bulbs? I ask this question because I am concerned about the environmental effect that they will have when disposed of.

View more questions Search