Ask
    gary hardy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Adult day care
    How do I start an adult day care
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 11, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Special licensing has to be place, you have to have qualified workers and some RNs on duty while the senior people are present. You have to have a residence to house them. Some may not be ambulatory unless you have restrictions for the type of adults you care for. You have to access to at least one doctor in case of emergency and of course, a wheelchair equipped van for transporting one or two clients who can walk. Oh, and a dietician on duty who can accommodate dietary plans for daycare clients.

Any more questions ?

And a good game plan in case one or two aren't picked up on time.

I am a Personal Support Worker and my specialty by choice is palliative care, but I took care of my father in law for many years before I even wanted this line of work, so I know, really know,about adult daycare. He had advanced alzheimers and it was really difficult to have him properly cared for during the day.

After considering all of this and a really good business plan, you would have to establish a very expensive hourly rate to accommodate RNs, PSW, maybe on or two doctors on call. So, what would be your hourly rate in order to make a profit?

Oh, and each state, same as each province in Canada has different rules and guidelines to follow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

Adult day care [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to start an adult day care in New Jersey. What will I need to do?

Care provider or care giver. WHAT! [ 1 Answers ]

Why in some states like the Northwest and West coast fathers are viewed has the care provider and the mother the care giver, now I now the difference so don't get all technical with me, all I'm saying isn't that view and definition a little bias and favor the mother. Us as fathers have to provide...

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

How Do I start an adult day care [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to start an adult day care in cleveland Ohio. What will I need to do?

View more questions Search