Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Halei76 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Singing career
    Hi my name iz halei lewis and i love singing
    So can you please help me become a famous singer...
    And i either probably need a group or ill just solo
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 08:43 AM
    From what I see some of the best places to get into singing are California, New York and New Mexico,
    Many other place singing in the local bars is about the only way people go with their career.
    Do you have local entertainment newspapers? Often they will have bands advertising for new people. Also try checking at guitar stores.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 11, 2008, 08:46 AM
    How old are you? What have you done so far? Have you gotten a professional appraisal of your talent?

Also there are a few other threads that deal with this. Try searching for them.

Jul 11, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Sing and acting
    Im 14 years old... and i like to sing and acting also... somebody just please answer this question if you know anything about sing and acting... give me some advice!

Jul 11, 2008, 09:13 AM
    First, please don't start a new thread with the same question. I've merged your two threads so please add any follow-up here using the Answer This Question, Quote User or Post Quick Answer links.

Second, I asked you a few questions. If you want our help you need to answer. You answered how old you are, but not the others. Also did you look for the other threads like I suggested?
    Krazyaobutsmile Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Jul 11, 2008, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    From what I see some of the best places to get into singing are California, New York and New Mexico,
    Many other place singing in the local bars is about the only way people go with their career.
    Do you have local entertainment newspapers? Often they will have bands advertising for new people. Also try checking at guitar stores.
    Is Chicago a good place?
    Krazyaobutsmile Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Jul 11, 2008, 09:16 AM
    I can give you great advice! Do you want it? I want to be a singer 2 so I mite be able to help! Want the advice?

Jul 11, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazyaobutsmile
    i cna give you great advice! Do you want it? I want 2 b a singer 2 so i mite b able to help! want the advice?
    That is why she posted. Why not just point her to your thread on this subject?

Jul 11, 2008, 09:25 AM
    To scottgem
    No I Don't Know Any Other Threads To This And No I Haven't Gotten A Proffessional Appraisal Of My Talent. But How Do I Get One?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 09:27 AM
    He was referring to Krazyaobutsmile's reply meaning why don't they just answer the question instead of asking if you want it answered/
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jul 11, 2008, 09:58 AM
    I am a singer as well from New Mexico. You do need an appraisal of your talent as stated by ScottGem first and foremost. Many people 'think' they can sing really good because friends and family members told them so. Truth of the matter is (and I am not saying this is what it is in your case I have no idea) many family members and friends may lie to save you from hurt feelings. So it is a good idea to get an opinion from someone with no connection to you and someone that can give constructive critisizm and be blunt. This is to save you wasted time and effort if you don't have it because this industry can be hard and mean and there are a lot of people fighting for the same thing you are.

Do you want to sing because it is a passion or just because you want to become famous? It's not as easy as it seems. I myself would love to be famous don't get me wrong but I do it because of my love for it! It is a passion and a drive so I work that much harder on it. There are so many artists in EVERY state trying to 'make it'.

I would recommend networking try to find local artists in your town and see what you can find out. I bought a cheap mic and got a music program and started recording music at my house. It didn't sound very good lol but I created a Myspace page and began networking with local artists and found someone who actually lived down the street from my house with a studio at a cheap rate and started recording. Updated my tracks on my page and I got signed to a local label. I am doing shows and recording my debut album. I have done features with local artists as well as artists in other states. And done shows so it is a lot of work and don't expect it to happen over night! I am 23 years old and have been into music since I was 4 and actually recording for about 6 years. There are a lot of artists that are famous now that have been doing 'underground' music and albums mainly locally for 10 or more years. So if you really love singing pursue it and get a vocal coach to help strengthen your voice. I can tell you that over the 6 years I have been recording I am getting better and better. Just don't get discouraged. You may hear a hundred no's before you get a yes! Believe it yourself and let that shine out through your voice. Be confident!

But I also must stress that due to your age you need to be really careful! Never go to anyone's house you do not know especially not alone! Maybe take vocal training until you are little older or try to always have an adult with you.

Jul 11, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Please follow instructions. You keep using the Ask a question rather than post a follow-up within this same thread. I've, again, merged the separate threads, but if you keep starting a new thread I will delete it.

This site also has a search feature, if you search on Singing Career or similar, you should find other threads with advice for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Singing career? [ 5 Answers ]

I love to sing. I am a good singer too. I know this because I record myself singing songs and play it back to myself. I would like to do something with this gift that I have, but one look at a crowd and I get completely nervous and freak out. Any advice?

Am I too old to keep trying for singing career? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently tried out for American Idol and didn't make it past the 1st cut. This was my third time. I really can sing, everyone who hears me thinks that I have a beautiful voice. I turn 29 on tomorrow, and I'm wondering if I am too old to continue trying for a singing career.

Singing Career [ 2 Answers ]

What Kind of Career opportunities are there in Singing?

Singing career [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone my name is alexa and I was just wondering if you know how 2 start a singing career. Because my friends and I have been singing since we were kids and we want to take it to the next level. :o

View more questions Search