Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    number9forlife1 Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Why do I dislike planned parenthood?cause I have heard A lot of bad things about it!! my brother's ex girlfriend went there when she was pregnant and they wouldn't help her with anything!that's why I'm so against it plus they do abortions!! what kind of people would do that for a living?it's just a human that you are sucking out of the womb!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 14, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisinfinity
    but remember a baby is a blessing from God and he does not make any mistakes. You have to do right by your baby or God will punish you for it.

OH PLEASE!!

A girl gets raped and this is a blessing?? Not everyone has your faith in the omnipotence and omnipresence of a god. You don't help a scared 13 yr old by telling her god will punish her. She probably feels god has already punished her for having sex.

Lets try to help the OP (like others have) rather than force your religious beliefs on her.

Jul 14, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by number9forlife1
    why do i dislike planned parenthood?cause i have heard ALOT of bad things about it!!!my brother's ex girlfriend went there when she was pregnant and they wouldn't help her with anything!that's why i'm so against it plus they do abortions!!!what kind of people would do that for a living?it's just a human that you are sucking out of the womb!

Every Planned Parenthood location is fairly independent. So its defintiely possible that brother's ex got a bad office or even a bad person. Or maybe there were other reasons they couldn't help her. But PP performs a valuable service to millions of people.

As to how people can do abortions for a living, its because they believe that the mother should have control overr their own bodies. They believe women have a right to not go through a pregnancy they didn't want.

I'm not saying I totally agree with them or that I would do such, but I do believe it's a service that some woman want and need.
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jul 14, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Look I am going to say something, and if you want to start a thread go ahead just let me say.
    I am sorry but abortion is ending the life of a human being, wheather she was raped or not.you can't say she has the right to choose because we can'tchoose to kill our children that are out of the womb, can we? So if a child has a beating heart, its alive, and its murder I am sorry.

Jul 14, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonador101
    look i am going to say something, and if you want to start a thread go ahead just let me say.
    i am sorry but abortion is ending the life of a human being, wheather she was raped or not.you can't say she has the right to choose because we can'tchoose to kill our children that are out of the womb, can we? so if a child has a beating heart, its alive, and its murder i am sorry.
    This has been discussed in other threads so I'm going to answer you here and then no more discussion here.

The belief that life begins at conception is a religious belief, its not established scientific fact. You are free to believe what you want, but the law of this land is that life does not begin at conception and therefore abortion is not murder. The people who are pro-choicehave the right to believe what they want.

Yes, at some point a fetus can survive outside the womb. But until that point, its not a life, in my opinion and the opinion of many others. As such it's a part of a woman's body and her choice. You also have to remember, what pregnancy does to a women's body. Again her choice to go through that. You cannot impose your beliefs on someone else.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 08:30 PM
    I'm going to be honest, I see this thread going in a dangerous direction. I think it's probably time for it to be closed. I was already horribly offended by my rights as a woman being attacked, and the things that were stated being incorrect yet other people agreeing with the incorrectness,so I cannot imagine how this affected this terrified, confused young lady. However, this is the young lady's choice, she's gotten her answers, and has yet to return. I no longer see a purpose for this thread.
    melissa1978 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Jul 15, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Should this really be about telling or not telling parents? It is about a child possibly having a child. The vast majority of parents will forgive in the end, if not right at the beginning. This girl needs to get on the ball and do SOMETHING! Time has not come to a screeching halt, and there may be a baby developing at an alarmingly fast rate inside her uterus! Go to the drugstore, or Planned Parenthood, or wherever, and buy a test. Pee on it, read the box, and compare the results in the test window with those on the box. Then if it's positive, tell your parents. You thought you were old enough to have sex, now act like it! I am in no way judging you. I am 29 and have 3 children. I had sex when I was 12!! Should I have? NO WAY! But I did. Good luck with this. Everything will be OK. I am sure of it. Just get over you fear. Fear does not stop reality.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 15, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Melissa, don't run around giving people reddies because they ask a question. Was my question factually incorrect? No. Read the rules here before using the functions, please. You seem like someone who could be here for the long haul, I'd hate for you to not know how to use the system
    melissa1978 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Jul 17, 2008, 12:28 PM
    What the heck is "reddie"? And what is this about gaining reputation around this place? I originally stumbled upon this site to find the title of a movie, and thought it was something fun to do while nursing the baby! But no trouble was meant to be caused. Sorry.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Melissa, if you've noticed, under the first comment you stated, I gave you a agree comment. This is starting your reputation. If you go to your profile, you will see a green mark. Your disagrees will give red marks. This is building the reputation. Disagrees, really, are only supposed to be used for factually wrong answers. I came to thius site for a movie as well. You'll get the hang of it. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Is hoodia okay for thirteen year olds? [ 6 Answers ]

Are those hoodia wieght loss pills okay for thirteen year old girls?

Father of a thirteen year old (maybe). [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got a phone call from an old aquintence stating that I might be the father of her thirrteen year old daghter and had not told me because she was married. And now wants to find out.What rights do I have?Do I have to pay child support for a child that I never knew about and the parents...

View more questions Search