Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scared123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 10:16 PM
    I might be pregnant and I'm only thirteen
    I'm really scared because I mite be pregnant and I don't noe how to buy the test or where and I haven't told mi parents how do I tell them please helpp
    :confused:

Sincerely :confused: under stress
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 10:21 PM
    What is occurring that makes you think you might be pregnant? When was your last period? When was the intercourse?

You can purchase a pregnancy test at a grocery store, or better yet, go to planned parenthood and have a pregnancy test. They do not have to let your parents know.
    Vision Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Can you answer so that we know how to help you?
    scared123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 10:36 PM
    OK the sexual activity was like a month ago and I haven't gotten my period yet mi breasts hurt and I've been craving weird foods
    Vision Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 10:38 PM
    When is your period usually? Did you guys use a condom? Are you on birth control?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 10:42 PM
    How late is your period? Is your period regular? Best to test around a week or two after your period is late, you can get a home pregnancy test at your local pharmacy, use first morning urine. Or, like CM said, go to planned parenthood for a test, they'll also provide you with support, and hopefully birth control if you aren't pregnant.

Now I play the Mom card. Honey, you're 13, why are you having sex? Are you old enough to care for a child? If not, then don't have sex, because, news flash, even with protection, the pill, a condom and a backup, you could still get pregnant. You are too young to be doing this, so please, don't throw away your future, stop.

Okay, that's out of the way, having said that, it's a bit late for your situation. Get the test, get the result, we're here if you need us.

Good luck.
    number9forlife1 Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Wow!I am 14 and if I were you I would go straight to a friend and tell them until the time is right to tell your parents! If your scared to tell you mom or dad or whoever live with make plans to go to a friends house and if they haven't checked the mail yet write a letter and put it in there,so your gone when they read it!but make sure you tell them and not hide it from them!all the best of luck to you!
    Vision Expert

Jul 11, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by number9forlife1
    wow!i am 14 and if i were you i would go straight to a friend and tell them until the time is right to tell your parents! if your scared to tell you mom or dad or whoever live with make plans to go to a friends house and if they haven't checked the mail yet write a letter and put it in there,so your gone when they read it!but make sure you tell them and not hide it from them!all the best of luck to you!
    You know, I'm going to have to disagree with this. I don't think telling her parents that she had sex will do anything but cause a problem, especially if she isn't pregnant. That's the reason that planned parenthood does not require parents to come with or even know a thing. Like I said, go to planned parenthood, get a pregnancy test, and then you'll know. When they call with the results they can even say that its one of your friends. I don't really know what telling a friend will accomplish, what confuse another 13-year-old?
    Vision Expert

Jul 11, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Oh, and STOP having sex. If you are not old enough, resposible enough, and stable enough to be a Mom, then you aren't ready to have sex. Simple as that. Sex does not equal love. And at your age its going to be very easy for you to get a bad reputation if you continue like this. Stop having sex until you are AT LEAST out of high school. Please?

Jul 12, 2008, 12:27 PM
    You know, I'm going to have to disagree with this. I don't think telling her parents that she had sex will do anything but cause a problem, especially if she isn't pregnant. That's the reason that planned parenthood does not require parents to come with or even know a thing. Like I said, go to planned parenthood, get a pregnancy test, and then you'll know. When they call with the results they can even say that its one of your friends. I don't really know what telling a friend will accomplish, what confuse another 13-year-old?

Well going to planned parenthood and NOT telling you parents is lying and going behind there backs!!
    Vision Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 12:33 PM
    It's not lying if she doesn't tell them anything. And for this situation I think it would be okay to go behind their backs.
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jul 12, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Look herparents can help her,I'd make sure you were pregnant,but honesty is always best. Your feel better if you tell them. If you are pregnant they will be mad, but they love you, and will help you.plus you canthide being preganant, I mean your body will change and they'll nottice.
    Vision Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
    I'm not saying that she should hide her pregnancy. I'm saying I see no reason that she should tell them if she isn't. Should she walk up to her parents and say, "Mom, Dad, I just want you to know that I'm NOT pregnant." What will that help.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Oh, and STOP having sex. If you are not old enough, resposible enough, and stable enough to be a Mom, then you aren't ready to have sex. Simple as that. Sex does not equal love. And at your age its going to be very easy for you to get a bad reputation if you continue like this. Stop having sex until you are AT LEAST out of high school. Please?

I agree... if you feel you are ready and mature enough to be having sex, and all the possibilities that it can include, then you should be mature enough to be able to discuss it.

Feeling as though you might get in trouble if someone finds out, or that you have to hide what you are doing, is often a signal that you are probably doing something you shouldn't be just yet. Give it some careful consideration... and you can likely save yourself much unnecessary worry.

Jul 13, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Yeah but still I think she should just go up to her parents and be like yeah I'm not 100 percent sure but I might be pregnant,and they could help but if you go to Planned Parenthood and you ARE pregnant and you tell your parents they might get mad that you didn't tell them in the first place.that's what I was trying to say in the first point but I didn't say everything I meant to say
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 13, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Well of course as most know I would not send my worst enemy to Planned Parenthood, esp minor children, And also a for a 13 year old to have sex there had to be a boy involved and this type of thing needs to be told to a parent to put a stop to this sort of thing, and depending on the age of the boy perhaps something seroiusly done.

At 13 someone has raped this girl since a 13 year old can not agree to sex by age.

Next at 13 there can be other issues of having sex which may be best checked with a doctor that can only be done with the permission of a parent.
    Vision Expert

Jul 13, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Why do you dislike Planned Parenthood?
    harrisinfinity Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 06:17 PM
    I know being young and pregnant is scarey, I have been there. I didn't know how to tell my parents either... one thing for sure is that you have to tell them so that you and the baby can get the care you have to have for you both to be healthy. I can understand that you are probably not ready for a baby, but remember a baby is a blessing from God and he does not make any mistakes. You have to do right by your baby or God will punish you for it. It is not easy trust me but you can do it. When your Baby looks at you they see no wrong everything about you is perfect to them. So give your Baby the PERFECT LOVE.

HAVE FAITH YOU CAN BE THE BEST MOTHER IN THE WORLD TO YOUR CHILD!!
    Vision Expert

Jul 13, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisinfinity
    I know being young and pregnant is scarey, I have been there. I didn't know how to tell my parents either.... one thing for sure is that you have to tell them so that you and the baby can get the care you have to have for you both to be healthy. I can understand that you are probably not ready for a baby, but remember a baby is a blessing from God and he does not make any mistakes. You have to do right by your baby or God will punish you for it. It is not easy trust me but you can do it. When your Baby looks at you they see no wrong everything about you is perfect to them. so give your Baby the PERFECT LOVE.

HAVE FAITH YOU CAN BE THE BEST MOTHER IN THE WORLD TO YOUR CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She is not even sure if she is pregnant. And she does have options.
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jul 13, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Oh I forgot to say something,
    If you are pregnant, look into adoption. Because that way it can have a loving full mom and dad home. This way you can be a teen a little longer, and your kid can be in a family of adults.
    Hope this helps (hope you aren't preg)
    Sonador

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Is hoodia okay for thirteen year olds? [ 6 Answers ]

Are those hoodia wieght loss pills okay for thirteen year old girls?

Father of a thirteen year old (maybe). [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got a phone call from an old aquintence stating that I might be the father of her thirrteen year old daghter and had not told me because she was married. And now wants to find out.What rights do I have?Do I have to pay child support for a child that I never knew about and the parents...

View more questions Search