Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    algae Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2006, 08:45 AM
    Overdue billing
    I ordered dishes with a no payment for five months option. I received the bill about Jan. 20, the day before it was due. I phoned and said it would be late, since I just got the bill. It took 3 weeks to get to me. They said there would be a charge ($35) for being overdue.
    Should I be held responsible when I only had one day's notice? I made 3 phone calls trying to find a solution, offering to pay it immediately with a credit card, which was not allowed. I have a very good credit rating.
    Is there a way out?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2006, 08:51 AM
    So the company does not take credit cards?

"didn't get the bill" is not a legal reason to get out of it... although if you sweet talk them they might remove it.

Basically you're stuck - unless you want to spend time and heartache disputing it... and in the meantime suffering potential credit damage.

Just my view on it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 29, 2006, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by algae
    I ordered dishes with a no payment for five months option. I received the bill about Jan. 20, the day before it was due. I phoned and said it would be late, since I just got the bill. It took 3 weeks to get to me. They said there would be a charge ($35) for being overdue.
    Should I be held responsible when I only had one day's notice? I made 3 phone calls trying to find a solution, offering to pay it immediately with a credit card, which was not allowed. I have a very good credit rating.
    Is there a way out?
    A bill is not required to establish a debt. When you ordered the merchandise you agreed to make a payment. Their sending you a bill was a courtesy to remind you, but even the date the bill was sent doesn't establish when it was due. You knew when you put in the order.

So I'm afraid you are stuck. However, a company that would insist on such a charge given the circumstances is not one I would do business with again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2006, 03:34 PM
    Ok, I guess it is really not needed but yes you will have to pay the late fee and honestly I would be wary of this company if they would not take a credit card over the phone, some companies make a lot of extra money by posting payments late and other methods to have additional charges.

You need to call them and try and talk to a customer service manager to see if you can get a credit for this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm overdue and still not dialating? HELP [ 3 Answers ]

My baby was suppose to be born on Jan 1 of 2006 and I still haven't started to dialate or anything. My contractions are very far apart and seem to not be getting any closer together. Is there something wrong or can I do anything to make my labor start?? HELP

View more questions Search