Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    henoch Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Tylenol 2, 3 or 4 into Canada
    Hi I'm generally new to this community though I love it because of it's honesty and speed of answering regardless here is my question for you experts.
    Note: I'm not sure where to classify this as so I put it as other.
    Note: I'm in Canada
    I have chronic headaches (alot of them hurt every day and almost every hour) and I have seen a doctor for it. She referred me to the HeadAche Clinic (which is suppose to analyse why I am experiencing these pains) however they have not responded at all for a very long time. I am sick and tired of having these headaches as they are bothering me at work, social and school. My parents and my family doctor all say I am fine and I don't need any help which is a big problem and so thus I'm conflicted. I have tried almost EVERY pain reliever OTC including Tylenol 1 and it does nothing. My brain scans show nothing atypical and so my parents and my family doctor agrees there's nothing but the pain is still there. Only the hospital doctor agrees with me and that I need some pain relief.
    In addition to pain killers, I take Vitamin B complex (the strong one).
    My question is:
    Is it a problem for me to purchase Tylenol #2, #3 or #4 (but not all of them, just one) from a different country and getting it shipped to Canada?
    I've researched into it and gone to Justice Canada the only discrepency I find is that I cannot import codeine into Canada. However, does it constitute as codeine only or does it include products that contain codeine such as Tylenol 2 or 3? My general question is: will I get in trouble if I get it shipped to Canada (that is Tylenol 2 or 3 or 4)?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Why can't you get a legal prescription from the emergency doctor?
    You can get 2,3, and 4 here in canada as long as you get it from a prescription from a doctor.

There are aspects of these tylenol with codiene pills is there really hard on your stomach and can cause other health problems.

Honestly most doctors will not prescribe codiene and tylenol with codiene just for headaches. There is a real problem with people becoming addicted to this type of medicine.

The big red flag to me about your post is trying to get these pills from other countries. Why would you do this if this is legit? When you could and can get them in Canada, IF THE DOCTOR OR DOCTORS THINKS IT IS NECESSARY.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Computer or website freezing. I will delete the double post.
    henoch Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Hey just an update,
    I just talked to the pharmacists and such, and they agree that if the regular OTC pills aren't strong enough to relieve the headaches. They suggest I talk to my doctor about getting something stronger. I will talk to my doctor whenever I can but for now I'll be taking Tylenol 1.
    Another interesting thing they said is that Tylenol 1, 2, or 3 are used to treat mild to severe pain. Of course, that'd be up to my doctor but most of the time, he always recommends something bizarre that never works out. Regardless I will talk to him to see what I can do about the headaches
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Sometimes being more assertive with doctors and saying exactly what you want or that you need something stronger. So I am glad that you talked to the pharmacists and I hold higher regards to pharmacists then doctors sometimes. Thanks for the update and good luck with the doctor.
    jinglebts Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Aug 8, 2012, 12:53 PM
    Ummm... get another doctor? Doesn't sound like your current one is any help.
    rfeuer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2013, 04:14 PM
    Truthfully, the Pharmacist knows more about medications than the Doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tylenol (sp?) and Prevacid [ 2 Answers ]

Can you take the two together? Do they interact badly when taken together?

Had too much tylenol [ 1 Answers ]

So I was very depressed last night and called my friend but she wasn't available and then for some stupid reason I decided to take half a bottle of tylenol I'm not sure how many I took because I just emptied the bottle it could've been 20 or so but nothing has happened to me so far except I get...

My dog ate Tylenol [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so my 2.5 year old cocker Spaniel got into a bottle of Tylenol... I don't know how much she ate if anything at all, most of them seemed to be licked because of the raspberry (easy to swallow) coating on it. I was searching for other answers online and found this for someone who's 9 month...

Tylenol and dogs [ 2 Answers ]

Can I give my 100 + pound dog tylenol for her aching joints and muscles? If so, how much can I give her. She is a Wolf/Lab mix.

Can my child mix tylenol with Triametic [ 1 Answers ]

My son has a fever... so I gave him tylenol. He also has a severe cough that is making him gag. Can I give him triametic too? He is 5 going on 6, he weighs about 38 lbs. Gave him tylenol around 5pm it is now almost 8... thank you

View more questions Search