Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baker44 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2008, 05:50 PM
    No fruit on peach trees
    We have a peach tree in our yard. It is a small tree but last year it was loaded with about 50 peaches. This year there are no peaches. Can anyone explain this?
    themouseman Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2008, 09:25 PM
    1. If you had a frost around flowering time it will kill blossoms.

2. with a very heavy fruiting last year your tree may not produce the following year.

3. does your tree show and insect, or fungal problems that may cause tree to abort fruit production. Check lighting these tree prefer full sun and if heavily shading is occurring it may abort fruit production.

4. fruit trees need insects to pollinate. Did you apply a pesticide during flowering? If the temperatures dropped below 50 f insect do not function.
    Are you in an area with a large honey bee die off?
    sinedo Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Peaches are fairly reliable and not too fussy. They do need, as all stone fruit, cold weather prior to spring to go totally dormant. Not too cold, however. Cherries like it very cold to get a fruit set, but peaches always bloom. Were there flowers? You would remember; they come first before the leaves, and plenty of insects can pollinate them. If there were flowers, I'd bet some fruit would set. By July, anywhere, it would seem the fruit would have reached peak maturity and fell, if not harvested.
    Denis
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Nectarines are fussy and I'm sure they are related to peaches.

I might actually get some this year. I finally got leaf curl and fungus under control.

Now, I have to figure out why the fruit seems to be fragile and I loose a lot when it rains hard in the spring.

Plums aren't doing well this year.

The pears, apples, figs and grapes seem to be doing fine.

But the bugs have been a problem such as slugs, carpenter ants and regular ants.
    SABATTINI Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2012, 12:39 PM
    This happened to my Peach Tree , this year, had buds, but no flower at all,
    Last year I had about 50 to 60 peaches, and I did a lightly prunning , >? >>>!!
    Which I don't know if I did the right way or wrong way, but anyhow, not even one single peach this year, and I live in Atlanta, Georgia, and last year it wasn't that cold ,
    So I don't know what to think, why I didn't get any fruit this year >>>?

Sabattini
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2012, 02:17 PM
    Did you prune during the dormant season or growing season?

Growing is usually is better for the tree.

This year, I tried the Bordeux Mix on the tree. It will be a while before I know the results.

I may need to do something about the squirrels.
    Biogodanic Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 10:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KISS View Post
    Nectarines are fussy and I'm sure they are related to peaches.

I might actually get some this year. I finally got leaf curl and fungus under control.

Now, I have to figure out why the fruit seems to be fragile and I loose a lot when it rains hard in the spring.

Plums aren't doing well this year.

The pears, apples, figs and grapes seem to be doing fine.

But the bugs have been a problem such as slugs, carpenter ants and regular ants.
    Hi just woundering what you used to get your Leaf curl under control ,and did you use something Organic , if not I do know of a way using the easyest way to fix Leaf curl.

May 15, 2012, 11:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by baker44 View Post
    We have a peach tree in our yard. It is a small tree but last year it was loaded with about 50 peaches. This year there are no peaches. Can anyone explain this?
    Well all difrent nutriants help difrent part of trees yes but dose sound like a frost problem yet if you use potash , or anything that has high potasium , this helps with friut and helps fight disease.
    Uber Member

May 15, 2012, 11:09 PM
    So far, the Bordeux Mix has worked well.

Previously, I used a copper based fungicide and made sure a dorment spray was used before winter set in.

May 17, 2012, 08:26 AM
    The thing for leaf Curl is just Powdred milk in liqued form yet must use it on the buds just as there about to open and that should help with the Leaf curl yet so in spring you use it.
    liliawong Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 05:11 PM
    No flower buds this year , new branches are coming out in abundance but no buds... I am so sad... tree is very healthy and has lots of sunlight...
    This is my peach tree...

May 21, 2012, 11:21 PM
    Best bet is get a soil test not so much a ph test but for naturintes in the soil , thus you find out what happening with your plant think too much nitrogen in the soil , yet that be good for leafy vegetables yet fruit not really the thing,
    veshno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2013, 06:07 AM
    This year I got a lot of flowering on my Peach Tree and later that turned into leaves. No fruit is visible now. Probably it has stopped giving fruit this year also while as this is the fourth year of the tree. The tree s well grown now. In the second year I got two peaches. I do not know what is the problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Territorial View Blocked by Growing Fruit Trees [ 3 Answers ]

My beautiful 20+ year view is now being blocked by some fruit trees that new home owners are permitting to grow too tall. The trees have historically been trimmed to about ten to fifteen feet in height and were planted by previously home owners several years after I purchased my home. The past...

Peach curl in leaves [ 2 Answers ]

What can a person use to get rid of peach curl? In the ground and on the leaves? Any Home remedies?

Peach Trees [ 1 Answers ]

I live in western Colorado and have a small 40 tree orchard. I have two standard Elberta peach trees that are 16 years old and I am going to pull. I want to replace them with a peach tree that ripens about the same time or a little later, but has good color. The Elberta ripens here about the...

Stupid peach fuzz! [ 1 Answers ]

I have way too much "peach fuzz" on my face. And every once in a while, I get a really long hair. Ugly. My skin is very sensitive and doesn't handle things like wax very well. Any suggestions? ?

View more questions Search