Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkdevlin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 05:12 PM
    No pressure in my kitchen sink, but ONLY the hot water.
    Good evening. There is no pressure in the hot water in my kitchen sink; everywhere else has good pressure. I have a septic, and water softener. I have already replaced the filter, and added salt. It increased pressure everywhere, but the kitchen sink, and it's only the hot water. I took off the filter on the top part of the sink to check and see if anything was in there, and it was clear. Help! :) Thank you. Michelle
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 11, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Most hot water pressure problems can be traced back to the water heater and minerals that have built up in the pipe walls. If you don't maintain your heater, (more about that later), mineral can build up and get sucked into the system where they block the inlet ports of the faucets cartridge. Try this, first flush your water heater out and clear it of any mineral buildup. Here are instructions. For long life and fewer troubles you should keep your heater clear of mineral build-up by FLUSHING NOT DRAINING on a regular schedule. Attach a hose to the boiler drain at the bottom of the tank. With the pressure on, open the boiler drain and let it run until the water runs clear. You will see a spurt of red,(rust) followed by white or yellow grains,(lime or calcium carbonate). This shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Do this monthly to keep it clean. Don't forget to flush it out every month. Your heater will thank you for it with longer life and less problems
    Now shut the water off to the sink and open up the faucet. Check and clear the inlet ports on the cartridge. Before you reassemble the faucet turn thehot water on for a minute to flush out the supply and the open valve body. Reassemble and test. Better now? Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water pressure in kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

I rent. There was an old in line water filter hooked up to the kitchen sink which I have never used. I decided to take it out so I could have a sprayer in the sink instead. I turned off the cold water under the sink and uninstalled the filter. The faucet doesn't have the piece under it to connect...

Low water pressure at kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

I changed out my faucet a couple of months ago and now both the hot and cold water pressure is very low. All other faucets in the house are fine. What can I do?

Low water pressure in kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two handle Delta kitchen faucet with a sink spray. Over the weekend we started to fill our pool and noticed that the pressure in the kitchen sink was low to none. This continued once the hose for the pool was shut off... it is only the cold water pressure.. the hot is okay... however...

No water Pressure in kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Both hot & cold water has no pressure. The kitchen and bathroom are on the same floor in fact right next to each other and the bathroom sink is fine. Please advise:confused:

Low hot water pressure in kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Make/Model - Moen with Charlotte piple Was out of the country for 8 months and on my return the hot water pressure in kitchen sink is very low. Cold water is fine. It's a one handle faucet. I've read several of the discussions but don't seem to know where to start from. People mentioned cleaning...

View more questions Search