Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zillah Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Press sleep button and switch on/off button to be able to see login screen
    Friend of mine has got problem with his new desktop (XP SP2) , when he starts the PC it boots normally till it reaches where it shows windows XP logo then the screen gets blank (i.e he can not see the login name for users).

What he used to do: is press the sleep button on the keyboard, then after that press the hardware switch on/off button (not the reset button) on the tower of the hard box.

After pressing switch on/off button, he gets directly (pay attention to this) to the login screen where he can see the usernames for all users.

He has to do this procedure every time he would like to boot the desktop

VGA is NiVida with dual outputs, similar to below image

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...hics-board.jpg
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 08:30 PM
    You've stumped me on why, but I know that under these circumstances, I'd simply stop turning off my computer, I'd use the Sleep or Standby mode all the time since it appears you have to invoke it anyway during a cold boot.

Activate Hibernate or Sleep mode instead of turning off the system so you don't have to jump through those hoops anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Login screen [ 2 Answers ]

When I turn on my computer and get to my login screen when I can choose what user I want to login as my computer won't recognize my wireless mouse/wired keyboard. I know they are both working because when I move my mouse the receiver blinks so I know that it is getting the signal and my keyboard is...

I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here's the background. My wife's PC (identical to my own, and running on Windows XP)was restarting at shutdown recently on it's own and I saw an error that said there was some kind of driver error. So, I uninstalled the nvidia drivers in hopes of installing the most recent ones. I don't know if...

The browse button [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am doing an application in VB.NET whereby I have to back up my database. On the back-up database form I have a prompting label, a textbox(txtLocaction), a browse button(which should call some sort of dialog allowing me to select the location and be able to return it to the txtLocation...

XP Automatically Shuts Down At The Login Screen! [ 1 Answers ]

Dear; I've Got An Error In My PC That Whenever I Enter Password At The Logon Screen. It Shuts Down Without Any Prompt Screen.Please Suggest Me A Solution. Thanks

View more questions Search