Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bocagator Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 01:56 PM
    School loan death
    My fiancé has over $180k in school loans she was stuck with after a bad marriage and divorce. They have been consolidated and 1/3 are Fed Sub and the other 2/3 unsub. She is a social worker, now 50 and makes under $50/yr. Is our only hope paying extra to principle each month? At this rate it will be 20 yr payoff. Would she be better defaulting on the portion she can prove was for living vs education expense?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 03:46 PM
    I don't believe they care how the money was spent?

Defaulting is never a good idea if it can be avoided.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renegotiate loan / foreclose due to death in the family [ 3 Answers ]

So here is the situation: In 2003 I co-signed on a loan with my mother to purchase a house (house#1) In 2006 I purchased a home of my own (house#2)and began living there with two roommates. In 2006 my mother was diagnosed with cancer In early 2007 I moved into my mothers residence(house#1) to...

Death Deed of Trust vs Loan [ 1 Answers ]

My Husband passed away Both him and I are on the Deed of Trust however, he is the only one on the Loan. The Mortgage Company will not speak to me unless I have a Letter of Administartion (which I'm uptaining through an estate attorney/public Admin). What I want to do is Default on the Loan and Buy...

Default school loan [ 3 Answers ]

I've defaulted on a loan but I did not have a high school diploma or ged at time of enrollment am I still responseable for loan I ask

Defaulted school Loan [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get over the problem of a defaulted student state (not federal) student loan which affects u from ever getting a federal loan and prevents you from continuing your education in the US until the loan's been paid off even though you haven't gotten your college degree yet.

View more questions Search