Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nova225 Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Daydreaming all the time
    :confused: lately I’ve noticed that I tend to daydream all day if I don't look at the clock. I daydream about a life that doesn't exist, and I enjoy being there. When I was younger I use to daydream to get out of all the problems that were in my life, but now I have no life (my life is a world that isn't real).

I also notice that I cry about any and everything. I cry over a commercial or a funny movie. Recently I would start cry (for only a second), and then I would feel better and continue with what I was doing.

Is this natural for a 19 year old girl to do this or feel this way... any advice or suggestions.:confused:
    AandZ4ever Posts: 151, Reputation: 5
    -

Jul 10, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Hahaha I totally can connect to this. I am always daydreaming. Mostly of my crush or the perfect man or my life in the future. But I know my favorite part of the day is when I sleep and dream. But the crying thing could just be like hormones even for a 19 yr old. Or it could be pregnancy not to scare you. Pregnant woman have wreckless emotions. But keep daydreaming its good for the soul!
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jul 10, 2008, 11:53 AM
    I kind of understand what you're saying. It's like you're so unhappy with your life that you want to distract yourself so you don't have to think about it.. I struggled with that for the past 3 years or so..

Instead of daydreaming I would read, or watch Tv or do anything to distract. Although it feels good while you're doing it, it's really not healthy..

I am still struggling with being grateful for my life, and enjoying the moment.. My anxiety has been the main culprite.. Do you think maybe you can talk to a counselor? I believe it would help greatly to be able to talk to someone.. get to the root of why you feel so dissatisfied with your life..
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jul 10, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Daydreaming is fine, as long as you have a life with the dream. Just one day set aside your whole day for doing things,if you needa break t daydream go ahead, but continue to do stuff, I mean I daydreamall the time, the trick is to notstop living. Ireallydon'tknow about the crying though.

Jul 10, 2008, 12:06 PM
    These three answers were so much help. Thanks AandZ4ever, Sonador101, and my role model plonak... such huge help. I thought I was the only person who does this. I always wanted to talk to someone about my issues, but I would feel embarrass to talk face to face. ASK ME HELP DESK is a life saver.
    AandZ4ever Posts: 151, Reputation: 5
    -

Jul 10, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nova225
    these three answers were so much help. Thanks AandZ4ever, Sonador101, and my role model plonak....such huge help. I thought I was the only person who does this. I always wanted to talk to someone about my issues, but I would feel embarrass to talk face to face. ASK ME HELP DESK is a life saver.
    Your totally welcome I know how you feel about wanting to talk about issues haha. <3
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jul 10, 2008, 12:14 PM
    You 101% welcome. And yeah I doit all thetime. See I am an actress, and imagine I am in movies.most of the time hot guys, (wow did I just type that, wow) so yeah your not alone.
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jul 11, 2008, 10:05 PM
    I day dream all the time(when I'm living my life) it keeps me sane! As long as it doesn't interfer with life, and you do not develop some sort of delusional expectations from your day dreams, I don't think there is a problem with it.

As far as the crying, are you near your period? I notice that about 1-2 weeks before my least favorite aunt arrives, I get very irritable/emotional sometimes depressed to the point to where life just doesn't seem right.But I know that it will pass and I got to truck a long and keep living.

Jul 11, 2008, 11:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblue
    As far as the crying, are you near your period? I notice that about 1-2 weeks before my least favorite aunt arrives, I get very irritable/emotional sometimes depressed to the point to where life just doesn't seem right.But I know that it will pass and I gotta truck a long and keep livin.
    I don't think it has nothing to do with that. I cry EVERYDAY for no reason. Most times it's just for a second, and other times for awhile.
    polska Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

Jul 14, 2008, 03:41 PM
    I daydream all of the time too. I'm going through a phase of depression as well. I went through a break up a few months ago and it's been horrible. I daydream about my ex a lot. I'm sure that it's not healthy. It prolongs the agony of the breakup! I'm sure a lot of you on this site wish that we could have a little switch to turn our brains completely off sometimes. I know I do!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it!...

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

Will husband just get time served or added time to probation [ 11 Answers ]

My husband's not being extradicted on probation violation. But will they add more time to his probation, or get time served or more jail time for new misdemeanor charges of canabis and pharapharnalia? So lost any info or some similar experience would be helpful thanks can't sleep until I know until...

Part Time / Full Time / Non - Resident - need clarification on this [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian Citizen. I came to US on L1 Visa on 20th October, 2007. I am trying to file the tax return through File Taxes Online - Do Taxes FREE - File Taxes With TaxACT. There is a question : "Whether you are a part time resident / Full Time Resident or Non-Resident". I am not sure...

Live in NY, work 1/2 time in NY and 1/2 time in NJ.confused! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Thanks, in advance, for helping! I just moved. I now live in ny, but my office is in nj. I work from my ny home 1/2 times and spend the other 1/2 time in nj. Questions: 1. what state taxes will I pay? I suspect nj AND ny. Ny has a form for 'non-resident who performs services...

View more questions Search