Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHENRY23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 07:59 AM
    WIRELESS internet
    I have a netgear wgr614 v8 and would like to set a password so that no one can connect to my internet, could you help me? I don't have the cd that comes with the router
    mathboy15 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Log on to your router you can do this by typing in your ip which is probably 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2. Then a box will appear there you just type in admin and there is probably no password. From there you go to wireless setings. On the bottom it will be a subheading saying :Security Encryption (WEP) Key. There you can add a password on the Key 1 and that will be the password to log into the router.
    Tip: remember to tick the password you want.
    CHENRY23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHENRY23
    i have a netgear wgr614 v8 and would like to set a password so that noone can connect to my internet, could u help me? i don't have the cd that comes with the router
    Thanks for your response,
    My IP is 192.168.1.1 but it does require a password too, and I don't know it.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jul 11, 2008, 08:06 AM
    There should be a reset button on the back of the router. Unplug the power from the router, hold the reset down and plug the router back in. Wait for a couple of seconds and release the reset button.

This will completely wipe out the configuration and put it back to an out-of-the-box state.

The default address for the router is usually 192.168.1.1.
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Jul 11, 2008, 08:55 AM
    The Netgear I just worked on had a admin/password credential. So try "admin" for the id and "password" for the password.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless internet [ 9 Answers ]

I have a laptop and want to hook it up to wireless internet but I have never done that before and unsure as to how to do it. What do I need and what type of provider do I look for. I want it so that when I travel I can use it for my schooling Thank you, Sherry

Wireless Internet [ 1 Answers ]

My wireless internet,on my laptop, worked fine yesterday morning.. I didn't change any settings and it stopped. Iv'e checked the modem,and have plugged and unplugged many times. The modem is fairly new so there shouldn't be any problems. I also put the computer right next to the modem.I tried to...

Wireless Internet [ 2 Answers ]

If I get a wireless router do I still need to have an internet provider such as comcast, or AOL?

Wireless Internet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 PCs... one is desktop computer connected with high speed internet n other is laptop.. I want to use wireless internet on laptop through desktop computer. I have linksys wireless - G 2.4GHZ Access point. Is there anyway that I can use Access Point as a wireless router.. If yes then...

Wireless Internet [ 4 Answers ]

I work from home and use a laptop. I would like to be more mobile. Wireless internet has been suggested to me, but I cannot figure out where I would begin to find a provider. Would someone like AOL offer the service? I was told Verizon, but I have looked all over their site and cannot find...

View more questions Search