Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    I will have to look it up for the resource, but I am sure I can find it. My brother used to have a set of videos that went into a deep study of these time periods. I believe part of their explanation as to how man was able to live so much longer had to do with the ozone.

Aparently, before the floods iwth Noah, there was quite a different chemical makeup of the ozone. I remember them saying something about a thin layer of Au, which is Gold. Sounds a little strange but they had actually done some extensive scientifical research. Anyway, this blocked out a lot of UVs I guess and really slowed the wear and tear on the human body.

I'll have to ask my brother and find out who these guys were or where we can find their studies.
    Well, my brother remembered a little about it. He said it was the "Rose-something Group" from Texas. It was called the Creation Model. I googled it and the first result was by Hugh Ross... I think this must be it. I didn't get the chance to review the site much but I will. It is here:

http://www.reasons.org/resources/apo...nsummary.shtml

I don't know if this is the authority site on the subject so I would suggest, for anyone that wants to look into this more, to Google it and check out all the results.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 7, 2006, 08:19 AM
    Actually, the permission to eat meat was given after the waters had receded and Noah left the Ark. But such eating might have been taking place illegally since we are told that
    Pre-deluvian world was a violent one in which disobedient angelic beings materialized producing hybrid offspring called nefilim. So disrespect for prohibitions against eating meat, if such existed, would seem inevitable. In any case, the pre-flood world was much different from ours. We are told that instead of rain, a mist would rise from the ground to water the plants. Also, earth's surface was shielded from cosmic ray and ultraviolet radiation by a water canopy. This canopy added its weight to the floodwaters and ceased to exist. Some have linked the additional cosmic and solar radiation reaching the earth's surface due to the canopy's disapearance as the main cause of the sudden drop in life-spans.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2006, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    we are told that
    pre-deluvian world was a violent one in which disobedient angelic beings materialized producing hybrid offspring called nefilim.
    Where did you get this from, Starman?
    -

Apr 7, 2006, 09:54 AM
    Where did you get this from, Starman?
    The book of Genesis gives a short account of pre-deluvian conditions. The book of Jude in the NT also mentions the angelic disobedience which occurred at that time and the punishment meted out to the angelic rebels involved.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2006, 10:34 AM
    Really? Does it also speak of these hybrid creatures, nefilim?

(im not doubting.. just curious. I would love to find passages that speak of this)
    -

Apr 8, 2006, 12:37 PM
    Really? Does it also speak of these hybrid creatures, nefilim?

(im not doubting.. just curious. I would love to find passages that speak of this)
    Here are some scriptures that speak about this.

Genesis 6:1-4. 2 Peter 2: 4. I Peter 3:19, 20.

All angels have the power to materialize. For example, the ones that were at Jesus' tomb at the time of his resurrection, and the angel Gabriel who appeared to the prophet Daniel and to Samson's mother, Judges 13: 2,3. later to Jesus' step father Joseph, Luke 1: 5-11. To Mary, Luke 1: 26--28 But the ones during Noah's day used this ability in the service of their own interests.

Perhaps Satan had already used this power in an unnatural way and had tempted these formerly faithful angels by recounting his immoral exploits. In any case, they took whatever women they pleased and the earth became full of violence during that time. As a consequence God decided to take action against these rebels and give mankind a new start.

When the Flood came, it destroyed the nephilim who were material beings but the rebel angels, their fathers, escaped by shedding their human-like bodies dematerializing back into the spirit realm. The book of Jude speaks of them as still being alive during the first century of our common era Jude 6 . However, they are no longer part of God's heavenly organization and seem to have been divested of their powers to materialize.

BTW

Some Bible scholars suggest that the Neanderthals were the nephilim.

Not all translations use the word Hebrew word nephilim though. Some translate the word as giants, or mighty ones. Some believe that the idea of mythological Greek demigods such as Hercules was based on the dim recollection of those pre-deluvian times when the Nephilim roamed the earth.

One thing to keep in mind is that these Nephilim had angelic fathers. So any human effort to irradicate them by means of military action would have come up against additional overwhelming superhuman forces.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 04:13 PM
    Wow Starman, fascinating stuff, thanks for sharing! :)

To change the subject slightly, I just wanted to let you guys all know that the baby I'm pregnant with (I'm 7 months pregnant), is going to be named Noah. I'm thinking about saving this discussion and printing it out so that he can read it when he's older! So seriously, if anyone has anymore interesting things to write about Noah please feel free!
    -

Apr 10, 2006, 11:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Wow Starman, fascinating stuff, thanks for sharing! :)

To change the subject slightly, I just wanted to let you guys all know that the baby I'm pregnant with (I'm 7 months pregnant), is going to be named Noah. I'm thinking about saving this discussion and printing it out so that he can read it when he's older!! So seriously, if anyone has anymore interesting things to write about Noah please feel free!
    Congratulations on your new son soon to arrive. The name Noah means "rest" or "peace".
    http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyJx...y.php%3fn=NOAH

I gave my son a biblical name as well--Emmanuel which means "With us is God."

Here are some scriptures that speak further about Noah. They can be read at the Bible Gateway site to which I have provided a link.

AGRICULTURE » Practiced by Noah (Genesis 9:20)

ALTAR » Built by Noah (Genesis 8:2)

ANTEDILUVIANS » Noah preaches to (Hebrews 11:7; 1 Peter 3:18-20; 2 Peter 2:5)

ARARAT » The ark of Noah came to rest in the mountains of (Genesis 8:4)

ARK » NOAH'S » Noah and family preserved in (Genesis 6:18;7:8; Matthew 24:38; Hebrews 11:7; 1 Peter 3:20)

BENEDICTIONS » By God » Upon Noah (Genesis 9:1,2)

BLESSING » TEMPORAL, FROM GOD, EXEMPLIFIED » To Noah, at the time of the flood (Genesis 7:1)

CARPENTRY » Building the ark of Noah (Genesis 6:14-16)

COMMUNION » INSTANCES OF » Noah (Genesis 6:9,13-22;8:15-17)

COVENANT » INSTANCES OF » Noah (Genesis 8:16;9:8-17)

http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksea...=Noah&x=15&y=8

BTW

All mankind is descends from Noah and his wife via his three sons Japeth, Shem, and Ham and their wives.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2006, 07:14 AM
    Thanks for all the great information, Starman. I really appreciate it. Tried to comment but I am not allowed to give out anymore reputation for 24 hours. I think I always give out too much or something.

I agree with you about biblical names... they are timeless, sound nice and generally have good meanings. My name is biblical too... Chava is Hebrew for Eve. And my adopted kids are Shaina (which means beautiful in Hebrew) and Levi (pronounced lay-vee, not the English lee-vy). Only my husband is left out, because his name is Alexander, lol. But I love the name Alexander too.

Another nice thing about biblical names is that they are not so popular that everyone in the class is going to have that name. When I was in school there were about 5 each of Jennifers, Michelles and Jasons! Noah is a fairly popular name right now as well, but not as much so as some of the more trendy names. Our baby's second name is going to be Samuel or Solomon. We haven't decided which one sounds better yet.

Interesting about Emmanuel... that was the name of one of my childhood friends. He also had a brother named Israel and a sister named Praise. Actually the female version of Emmanuel, Emmanuelle, is pretty popular among French Canadians here. I knew 2 girls with that name growing up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search