Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2311 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Feeling insecure as husband is 8 yrs younger to me
    I am married for 8 yrs and have 2 sons whom hubby loves a lot.But offlate I am v insecure about my marriage because I am fat and 8 yrs elder to my husband who is handsome.
    Now a days I feel v insecure because my husband has never been so lovey dovey with me and now there is new young office colleague who gives him importance and he is v happy about it.They keep exchanging sms and he deletes all the messages.he is a very open book with me so far,but now I feel can this develpo into something major... pl help
    Adv me how to make him think and love only me and no body else.. I m v jealous and
    Possessive.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2311
    i am married for 8 yrs and have 2 sons whom hubby loves a lot.But offlate I am v insecure about my marriage because I am fat and 8 yrs elder to my husband who is handsome.
    now a days i feel v insecure because my husband has never been so lovey dovey with me and now there is new young office colleague who gives him importance and he is v happy about it.They keep exchanging sms and he deletes all the messages.he is a very open book with me so far,but now I feel can this develpo into something major....pl help
    adv me how to make him think and love only me and no body else..i m v jealous and
    possessive.

Your post makes me sad - well, first of all, you can't make anybody love you - but I wouldn't assume he no longer loves you. Knowing men (with apologies to men everywhere), he may not even have a sense you are worried or concerned. As far as the age difference - younger is not necessarily better. Do you have outside interests, something that makes you unique, different, interesting, something that you like, that feeds your soul (so to speak)?

If your weight makes you insecure then you have to work on that - both on your weight and your insecurities. Work on yourself confidence. You were certainly 8 years older than he was when you got married - you always will be and if it was no problem then it should be no problem now.

Have you told your husband that you are worried about or even jealous of his relationship with his co-worker? I am by no means insecure or jealous but when an employee was hanging all over my husband I told him her behavior - and he was not reciprocating, in fact, he was pretty oblivious - made me uncomfortable. He was flattered that I didn't like another woman draped over him, spoke to her and that was the end of that.

You don't have to be confrontational or accusatory but I think I would tell him of my concerns - he just might be flattered and, again, maybe he doesn't see it's a problem or could lead to something.

Do you get time alone with him, away from the children, maybe for dinner, just for a walk, a drive? Doesn't have to be expensive or fancy, just time alone.

It's easy to become Mom first and a wife second and maybe you have to work on that.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    Do you get time alone with him, away from the children, maybe for dinner, just for a walk, a drive? Doesn't have to be expensive or fancy, just time alone.

It's easy to become Mom first and a wife second and maybe you have to work on that.
    Welcome to AMHD. Lots of good observations by Judy, but I like this one the most.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Do everything on your end that will capture his heart and cross your fingers
    Often age and maturity mean more to a guy than youth and looks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insecure boyfriend has me feeling lost and hurt [ 12 Answers ]

Before I begin, I'm 25 yrs old, full-time single mother to a beautiful 2 yr old girl, full-time student, and full-time employee. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years. He went through a bad divorce and I was with him during the last of it. He has a son that's turning 4, so we both know...

Feeling Insecure all the time. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi just need some input and some advice. Thanks. Basically I feel insecure most of the time when I am with my girlfirend we have been with each other for a 5 months now, I feel so strong for her and I would do anything for this girl. She's 16 and I am 18, and I feel that sometimes I am just too...

Feeling a bit insecure [ 2 Answers ]

Feeling insecure!! I've known this guy since I was like 17 yrs old. I dated him for 5 yrs until I was 22yrs old. I turned 22 and wanted to hit the bars solo. Broke up with him then 2 yrs later met back up. Dated for like a day and found out I was pregnant with someone else's baby. 2 months...

How to work with insecure husband [ 16 Answers ]

Hi everyone. This is my first time to turn to others with the problem I am having with my husband so I hope to get some good feedback. My husband and I have been married for 3 1/2 years and have a 2 year old son together. One problem that is our biggest problem is his insecurities and controlling...

Insecure Husband [ 8 Answers ]

My husband won't allow me to have male friends. He says I am not to even talk to a man. Think this is controlling and wrong for him to be this way. Is he right? What should I do?

View more questions Search