Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Frankly, I'm still having a problem figuring out what's so horrible about living there. Have your utility bills been enormous? Are you just POed about the cost of cleaning the place? Are you upset because you can't use the garage or basement to store your things?

You seem to have a reasonable rental in a good area. So I don't understand what's so bad.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinmommy
    I didn't necessarily think you were trying to sneak out. It just seemed like maybe there was more of an issue besides just the utility payments.

At first I thought the same thing - it seems like 90% of the people who post have a hidden agenda and it takes several postings to find out just what the facts are, what they are asking, what's going on.

Refreshing to find someone who is up front, tells it like it is, wants to know the options.

So check back and let us know how it works out?

On a side note - a man who vacuums? I thought men who vacuum were a myth, like Big Foot. Do they actually exist? I would have needed a zamboni machine before MY husband vacuumed!
    NNJRenter Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 10:40 AM
    You are right the rent price for the area is not that bad, however yes not having the storage space and use of the driveway has always been a thorn. Sometimes finding street parking is tough especially coming home late at night. It was not bad before when my work hours were different and I would get home early but since there are times I work late and then if I have a side job to to coming home late at night and having to park two blocks away does get tiresome. And before while looking around I was finding places for less amount that did offer storage space in the garage and use of the driveway.

I did not plan to far ahead in my working conditions to be changing and how it would impact living in the area. I stayed in the area to be close to family and friends... I was not thinking about myself so much... one mistake that I have to try to correct in future choices I make.

Jul 10, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    On a side note - a man who vacuums? I thought men who vacuum were a myth, like Big Foot. Do they actually exist? I would have needed a zamboni machine before MY husband vacuumed!
    I do the vaccuming in our house. Not as often as it needs to be done, but if its done at all I do it.

Jul 10, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Will parking in the driveway block the garage? Many driveways (why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways? :D ) are big enough to park a second car without blocking the garage.

But I can see why you feel you can get a better deal.

Jul 10, 2008, 10:45 AM

That is so funny... ok just to give you all a clue I went out and purchased a Dyson vacuum - the DCO7 Animal. Just vacuuming the master bedroom I must have emptyed out the container 3.5 times. The other rooms maybe 1.5 times for each one not counting the hallway and stairs.

Jul 10, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Will parking in the driveway block the garage? Many driveways (why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways? :D ) are big enough to park a second car without blocking the garage.

It is a thin driveway, can not park two cars side by side. Also like I mentioned he has his work vans in the driveway. If I were to block the driveway I would have to get up and move my car when they needed to get the vans in and out. The garage is where he has his tools and materials for his company.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NNJRenter
    That is so funny...ok just to give you all a clue I went out and purchased a Dyson vaccum - the DCO7 Animal. Just vacuuming the master bedroom I must have emptyed out the container 3.5 times. The other rooms maybe 1.5 times for each one not counting the hallway and stairs.

I have long haired dogs and bought one of those disposable cup type vacuums, no bag. Well, after the 10th emptying in one room I bought a vacuum cleaner with a bag.

Husband claimed confusion - "What is this switch for? What height should I use? Should flames be shooting out of the bag" - until I ripped it out of his hands and did the vacuuming myself.

He honestly once took the bag out - I didn't know he knew how - and decided to clean out that clear tube that runs up the size by turning the vacuum on with no bag. Well, when the dust and fog cleared and I stopped screaming I revoked his vacuum privileges.

Now that I think back - I think I got conned.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem

I'm glad you said this - when I backed my car out of the garage and straight into the front of my husband's car and he was very upset that is EXACTLY what I said.

They call them driveways for a reason and he had no business being parked there.

Both he and the insurance company disallowed my reasoning.

Jul 10, 2008, 10:54 AM

Now that I think back - I think I got conned.

Yes I would say so... I am not proud but when I was living with a GF I ruined a bunch of my white shirts to get out of doing laundry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lease breaking [ 4 Answers ]

If I have a 9 mo lease and need to break it 5 month's early, what would be my legal penalty and obligation. I live in Clearwater Fl. I know a law was recently passed that said if you broke a lease you would be required to pay 2 month's rent plus I know I would lose my deposit. That would all be...

Breaking a lease prior to occupancy.lease already signed [ 13 Answers ]

Help. My question is this... i signed a lease to rent a single family home... i gave a 200.00 deposit to hold it/toward security. I am unable to move into the home because i have to go out of state for a very ill family member (mother). ive tried to contact "LANDLORD" several times when i heard of...

Breaking lease in Texas-Did not sign lease [ 2 Answers ]

I have shared a house for 15 months with two other roomates. There is a 2 year lease on the house. My name is on the lease with the other two roomates, BUT I did NOT sign the lease. I want to move out because I can no longer stand living with these two roomates. Am I free and clear to leave...

Stipulations in a lease vs. Law when breaking a lease [ 8 Answers ]

I'm breaking a lease with my landlord 6 months in (I'm moving out of the country). I've found someone to take over the lease immediately upon my departure. I informed my landlord 5 weeks prior to the point where I'd be breaking the lease. The landlord has (three weeks later) informed me that they...

Information about breach of lease agreement and about breaking a lease... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been residing in the state of Georgia for almost a year. I moved from New York, I had never rented in New York so this is all new to me. Here's the issue, Me and my husband signed a lease on July to this apartment complex, at the time we thought it would be a lovely place to raise a...

View more questions Search