Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eric34 Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 11:39 PM
    Turned down a job, but want it now
    I applied to a job(tradesmen), got offered employment. When I went for a tour it was different then what was described. Not in a bad way but I like what I do now just not where it is. Basically I turned down the job originally because of bad timing, I was just starting to build a house and wanted to focus on that. Plus I can change my shift to suit.
    Now the house is finished, and regret my decition. If I reapply should I say I was hired, Should I not mention unless asked. If I do end up telling them what should I say? The truth is easiestbut not always the best answer. I could use some help. I really didn't mean for this to happen..
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 11:42 PM
    I would reapply, when and if interviewed, mention that you were offered employment you declined because life events made it impossible... Just that, noting else. That's all they need to know.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 11:43 PM
    Could you reapply and asked to be considered if they need someone like you? If they wonder why you didn't take the job the first time, tell them you were at the beginning of a job and needed to see it through. That would show them you are responsible and will stick to business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DIL has turned son against me [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: My son and I were very close when he was growing up and he married a very insecure, controlling woman. He was ripe for the pickins and has molded him into what she wanted and now he's all hers. She has said that she's never given a thought as to whether she likes me or not, and that...

18 yr old suddenly turned on me [ 14 Answers ]

I'm a single mom who's done everything that's supposed to be right with my daughter--Girl Scout leader, 4-H leader--paid for, driven her to and supported her through dance classes, music lessons, music instruments, etc. I've never missed a performance, recital or event that she's participated in. ...

I think she likes me, but she turned me down. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in the class with her since October,but I met her last week. Before that, I recognized some kind of signals.. (looking at me,smiling.. )Last week I found out that we have a mutual friend.They were talking about music, and she discovered that we love the same bands.She mentioned a concert, one...

View more questions Search