Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crossover42092 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Practicing too much ?
    I am currently 16 years old and it is the summer between my freshman and sophomore years of high school. I played freshman ball last year and averaged around 8 points a game. During the spring I played aau basketball. I have played practically every single day for at least an hour, some days way more other days a little less. My school has a summer league and I was put on the jv team but I really want to be on varsity for next season. So far I have struggled through this league and haven't played my best or scored over 6 points in any of our 6 games so far. My mom says that I might have reached a plateau and have to take a break and not play for a full week, and then see what happens is this right to do? Could this also be a anxiety problem I'm having for wanting to succeed so much?

Thanks for reading please respond soon
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Hi, cross, I think your mom is probably right. You are trying to hard, have reached a certain level so you need to back off for a while. Think about it. When you go back you will go back with a fresh approach an a better game plan. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Practicing Property Management Without a License [ 2 Answers ]

If a person is practicing property management without a license in the District of Columbia, aren't there consequences ? Fines ? Criminal charges ? etc..

Scared of practicing medicine [ 1 Answers ]

Being a doctor wasn't really my dream but a choice that I had to make to fulfill my parents' dreams. As I waded through large volumes of medical books and survived the ordeals of each sleepless duty, I learned to love the profession, my friends, and my patients. Somehow I knew then that I should...

View more questions Search