Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dinamm1968 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 07:38 PM
    My monitor has no signal
    I have a gateway PC for the last three years and about a month ago my LCD monitor had no signal, I tried it with another PC and it works perfectly. I thought it was the video card so when I opened the PC I notice the motherboard has it integrated, my bro told me to install a PCI Express but still nothing so I also changed the CMOS battery and change the RAM but nothing. Can someone help me with this??
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 08:18 PM
    The motherboard itself may be dead. Do fans and everything else power up?

Things to try:
    • Pull the power cord and let it sit for awhile and then plug it back in and attempt boot.
    • Unplug all the drives and adapter cards and attempt boot with a minimum hardware configuration.
    • After three years, my prime suspects would be hard drive and power supply.
    dinamm1968 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Yes, I also forgot to mention the hard drive don't seem to be working either but the fans are. I think is not even trying to do the POST. I will try doing what you say and let see what happens.
    Thanks!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 05:55 PM
    As the machine is a couple of years old, see if you can try just a known working PCI video card to see if that would work. As mentioned if the video card works in another machine and just not yours I would suspect the mother board itself also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor says no signal.how to fix it? [ 12 Answers ]

My PC beeps 2 times as it powers up, and then gives no signal on the monitor. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help.

No Signal From Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

Ok this is a bit long winded so here goes: On new years eve I was watching a DVD, it finnished and I went away. When I came back there was no signal on the monitor so I just switched it off. The next day I go to power it up, I get a no signal from the monitor so I play about with the...

Monitor No signal [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, just yesterday I was on my computer (not the one I'm currently on) and I restarted my computer. As soon as it started to load up again, there was no display on the monitor, just a black screen as if the computer was off. Ive tried disconnecting the wires, I've plugged it into a different...

Monitor no signal [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I had some power problems,and after that my moniter gave me a message of no signal and my mouse stopped working also the keyboard

No signal to monitor [ 8 Answers ]

OK like a week ago I unhooked my computer then just awhile ago I rehooked it back up and like the computer starts up and everything its just there is no signal to my moniter and the cd rom drive doesn't open or close and I also can't power the computer down by the power button ihave to turn it off...

View more questions Search