Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    auntlane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Connection of phone to caller ID to Fax from wall jack
    In what order do I connect a landline phone to a caller ID and to a fax machine from the wall jack so that all three will work properly?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Assuming one line: Wall Jack > Caller ID Unit > Fax > Phone.

It also depends on what jacks the Caller ID Unit has. Might be able to plug both phone and fax into it. Most faxes have a jack to plug a phone into. Might need a 3-way splitter if Caller ID and Fax don't have jacks to plug anything into.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to rewire a phone jack [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help. This house had at one time two different phone lines. We now have only one phone line working. I need to find out how to rewire one of the jacks that was hooked up to the other number. The phone company is going to charge us $120 to come out and do this, but they tell me that...

Rj 31X phone jack [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought aRJ 31X phone jack which is supposed to allow my father in laws life line system to dial out even if his phone is off the hook. I need help hooking this into the existing phone line.

Hook up for dsl phone jack? [ 4 Answers ]

I ordered high speed internet from AT&T although I do not have AT&T for phone service. The tech installed what he calls a dry loop, and then told me that I have to run a phone jack to that line. The problem is, he worked outside, and I do not know what terminal to hook up the jack to. Any ideas...

How to rewire a phone jack? [ 2 Answers ]

When I moved into my house the original owers had comcast for the phone co, so we went with them. Later on we changed back to qwest for better service options and they came out and rewire one of our phone jacks and at the time we only had them to the one in the kitchen and now I need to get 3...

Rewiring of phone jack [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am trying to rewire my phone jack so that it is just one line. I am trying to put the white/blue, blue/white lines back on the jack, but they have this plastic tab in the end of them. Can I just snip the wire? Thanks! Robyn

View more questions Search