Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adrianzacharias Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Converter box to old tv's
    Can a converter box be hooked up to 23 yr. old Mitsubishi TV which does not have the red , white and yellow coaxial cable jack hook ups, and another small TV Panasonic which also only has antenna jack or are these hopeless cases and just forget about them (tho my little Panasonic still works quite well)?
    Tyshoe Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jul 9, 2008, 07:13 PM
    You have to have the coaxial jack hook-ups for sure.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 08:44 PM
    The converter boxes have to have Coax output on cha3/cha4. I believe they also have to have composite video and audio as well.

The TV's with screw terminal inputs are 300 ohm and used twin lead. A small transformer converts these sets to accept a coax input.

There were all sorts of varieties made. Some sets had Coax and twin lead inputs that you selected on the TV itself.
    Tyshoe Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Just buy a splitter from the hard-ware store
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Ty:

What are you splitting?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 07:03 AM
    If the Converter doesn't have coax out, then a modulator is the solution, about $12-$20.
    It will convert red, white and yellow of Your Converter to coax output to go to coax on TV, Then select channel 3 or 4.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Networking TV's [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, this is my first time so go easy! I want to hook up 6 x 26" lcd TV's around the walls of my office, they would usually show television programs but on the odd occasion I would like to show powerpoint presentations or web pages etc on every screen. I have heard about these TV's with...

2 Tv's crackles on same outlet [ 6 Answers ]

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I had a TV hooked to an outlet and the TV would blast out a very annoying crackle of some sort. It is really hard to explain but it was a kind of noise that would make someone think the TV was on the fritz so we bought another one. Well, a couple months later this...

About lcd tv's [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between hdtv and hdready

Hooking up 2 TV's to one Receiver [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a satellite receiver in one room that works perfectly. I am wanting to hookup another TV in a different location using the same receiver. How can I make this happen? Thanks.

View more questions Search