Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    they like to complain of something a conservative does while simultaneously engaging in the behavior of which they are being critical.
    You mean like conservative "family values" and gay sex scandals?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    You mean like conservative "family values" and gay sex scandals?
    At least we like to hold our own accountable for such hypocrisy, we don't reward them.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Hello:

To ME, what mattered most was our unblemished record on human rights. Our stance HAS changed under the dufus in chief. I want to CHANGE it back.

Another stand we had, was that we didn't preemptively attack a country that didn't attack us, and wasn't a threat to us. Bush abandoned that stand. I want to CHANGE it back.

There was a time when ALL of America was safe from the government prying into ALL our communications. The dufus in chief changed that. I want to CHANGE it back.

Before George W. Bush, the president's employees had to account for their behavior before congress. That changed under the dufus in chief. I want to CHANGE it back.

At one time, we were the beacons of diplomacy. We talked till we were blue in the face. Bush and his cronies changed that. I want to CHANGE it back.

Some time in the past, we called water-boarding torture, and we put people to death for doing it to our men. Now, WE'RE the torturers. I want to CHANGE it back.

Some time ago, our country didn't render citizens off the street and hide them in some foreign prison where they could be tortured. George Bush changed that. I want to CHANGE it back.

There was a time not long ago when our budget was balanced. George Bush changed that. I want to CHANGE it back.

I could go on, and probably will.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechless
    At least we like to hold our own accountable for such hypocrisy, we don't reward them.
    They are not punished either. The hypocrisy of some people is not dependent on their political leanings - that's the part you don't seem to get. Being a christian or a conservative does not immediately make you a better person.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 17, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Reesetess-

I understand what your getting at concerning stubbornness. Of course your father is a good man, but he can be wrong. Just when people start thinking they are King Saul, here comes David. On a personal level I like John McCain. But he is to antiquated in his ways for my preference. Some people just don't know how to retire. It's not uncommon for people to have been set in their ways since their youth. Generally speaking though some wisdom does come with age, but there's no fool like an old fool.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    They are not punished either. The hypocrisy of some people is not dependant on their political leanings - that's the part you don't seem to get. Being a christian or a conservative does not immediately make you a better person.
    NK, you're always so sweet about telling me what I don't get. I don't recall giving any indication that hypocrisy depended on political leanings or that being a conservative or a Christian immediately makes one a better person - ever. In fact, I've acknowledged the hypocrisy from all of these groups which is my point, I don't defend hypocrisy from anyone. The GOP faltered in not being quick to rebuke their own such as Duke Cunningham and Foley but they finally learned their lesson with Larry Craig and his punishment was swift.

William Jefferson was caught red handed with $90,000 in bribes in his freezer and videotaped evidence of him accepting a bribe and was reelected. He was then "given a standing ovation by the House Democratic Caucus on his return to Congress" and picked by Pelosi to sit on the House Homeland Security Committee with "unanimous approval from the House Democratic Caucus." All of this while the new Speaker was promising "the most open, honest and ethical Congress in history."
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jul 24, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

Another stand we had, was that we didn't preemptively attack a country that didn't attack us, and wasn't a threat to us. Bush abandoned that stand. I wanna CHANGE it back.

I could go on, and probably will.

excon
    Boy, I didn't realize I had missed the invasion of our country by Germany and Italy. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Er, wasn't that during the Roosevelt administration?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 11:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Boy, I didn't realize I had missed the invasion of our country by Germany and Italy. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Er, wasn't that during the Roosevelt administration?
    You've been in a coma?? "Fifteen of the attackers were from Saudi Arabia, two from the United Arab Emirates, one from Egypt, and one from Lebanon." We invaded and attacked the wrong country!
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Jul 24, 2008, 11:44 PM
    What's wrong with another language? Many jobs require you to know another language. And most colleges require it, so mine as well get the kids on track early
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

Aug 2, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Actually, they are all fun people as long as you don't talk religion or politics with them.
    LOL Those are definitely the two things that change an attitude. Luckily it's temporary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Brother is unmarried and his kids mother want to take kids away [ 5 Answers ]

Can his live in girlfriend or EX now take away his kids from him if there in a stable environment and she is leaving my brother for another man in another city and a sex offender at that? My brother has them in his care as we speak can she go to his house and walk out of there with them. They are...

Puppet kids show on discovery kids [ 3 Answers ]

This show came on discovery kids in the morning in the 90's it was kind of weird a women And kids say they want to get silly something and they would take a spoon and eat Something out of puppet flowers mouths, the puppets would open there mouths and other silly stuff was like this on the...

80"s kids movie with a dinasour and kids [ 3 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was little. It was a about kids that I believe found a dinasour that's all I can remember and it's driving me nuts! Help!

Why Didn't Obama Tell Us This Before? [ 11 Answers ]

Now, this news article IS truly revealing and speaks volumes about Obama! Obamaites, here, take a good look at your superhero and read all about it! Why hadn't Obama revealed this little gem of a conversation he had with Wright, umm? Why did Wright bring it out finally at this time? What do you...

So what has Obama done ? [ 49 Answers ]

A new bill that is co-sponsored by Barak Obama and Democrat Senators Maria Cantwell, Dianne Feinstein, Richard Lugar, Richard Durbin, Chuck Hagel and Robert Menendez will increase foreign aid by the United States to a level that the UN dictates . Sugar coating it with a name no one could object to...

View more questions Search