Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scrapper08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 03:50 PM
    "no signal" inno3d 7600gs agp
    I have a older ecs k75sa mobo. I has a agp slot with 5 pci. I have a athlon xp 2200 1.8gig processor. I have installed 1gig pc3200 memory. I have 3 hard drives installed, 1 western digital, 2 maxtors. I have a simple but functional sound card 16 bit. My problem lies with my video. I have no onboard video, I use the agp slot in which for 2 months now I been using inno3d 7600gs agp 512mb video card. Out of nowhere (in bios screen, looking at files on hard drive, listening to music off media player offline stuff), surfing the net... my screen goes blank and says "NO SIGNAL". I've read most suggestions regarding this problem... and it still doesn't add up. Because as I type this... I'm using my oldie but goodie 5200 nvidia. The 5200 works like a champ, in anything I want to do... and has never in its 5 years of life ever sent me a "no signal". Not the biggest expert, but considering I have a brand new 500w thermaltake power supply, good tested memory,. that tells me its not my agp slot, not my processor, not my memory, the monitor is also brand new... so what is it? To me, it could be only one thing, the newer 7600 card. The strange thing, I can be in windows for hours and this occurs. Don't understand how it could work just fine for a month in a half, and now just takes a big dump. I love nvidia cards, but not sure about the manufacturer. Copystars.com I think is trying to swindle me out of a return... they sent me a rma form for a possible return, but haven't emailed me back in about a week... errrr! :eek:
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 05:03 PM
    If all above is accurate and you have another AGP card that you use with no problems and only getting No Signal with the new card, it would be the card itself as faulty.

Do you have access to another PC with an AGP card slot to try the new card out to see if problem would exists in another computer.

With the RMA, see if you can find a # to call and inquire about your issue and what would need to be done about exchanging the card for another one or another model card.

Make sure you specify that the only problem is with this card installed and not others you have tried.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"No Signal" on Monitor; PC power on but not booting up [ 5 Answers ]

I have a PC I built about 6 months ago that I've never had any problems with. Now when I turn it on I get "no signal" on my monitor. The problem is not the monitor though... the PC does not give any "beeps" or show signs of booting up... though the lights are on, all components seem to be...

Monitor starts up until after windows xp loading then says "no Signal" [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, last night my friend came round with his laptop an we watched a film using my monitor. I turned off my computer, unplugged the monitor an plugged it into his laptop, we watched the film fine, he went home. Next day in the morning I went to turn my comuter on, it loaded up until just after the...

Monitor flashes "no signal" when computer is turned on [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a new power supply and now my monitor will not come on. It quickly flashes, "no signal" once then nothing. Everything worked fine until the power supply went out.

PC Boots, Power off and display "no signal" [ 5 Answers ]

I was building a PC of my own and came across a problem - as the PC boots up the power goess off with " no signal" appears on the screen. Motherboard used is P4 MSI. Can someone kindly give me some approaches to fix this problem.

Computer is on, But Monitor display "No signal" [ 5 Answers ]

I am running on Window 2000 Professional OS, When I not touch the computer for 10 or 20 minutes(the time is not fixed), the monitor goes off and display "no signal". Then I cannot do anything except turn the computer off by press the computer power button. When I turn on the computer again,...

View more questions Search