Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertkey Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 03:17 PM
    5 week old puppy
    I have a 5 week old puppy who has bad fleas, I have no money for flea meds. What can I use at home?:(
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 03:24 PM
    My taffy, who is now l2 years old, a Walker Hound, I rescued at 5 weeks old and from the looks of her she was covered in fleas. I warmed up my sink and put her in and the water turned red from the flea residue. I had to get them off her before giving her a new bed, at the time. Bath your pup for now, without getting her ears or eyes wet and get all that ugly stuff off her. Then, get her to a vet.

Jul 9, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Bath with what? I have baby hair and body wash,will this be good enuff?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Baby shampoo is fine. That is what I used at the time.

Jul 9, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Thank-u
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Make sure you keep her warm afterward. Take a towel and put in the dryer and wrap her in that. If that one gets damp change for a dry one... you want to make sure she stays toasty warm. Also walmart sells fine toothed flea combs for 2 bucks, in the cat section.

You will also serve your puppy well if you read up on parvo, worms and other diseases to protect her from during her early puppy hood.
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jul 9, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Here are some natural and cost effective ways to eliminate flea problems.

Control Fleas with All Natural Remedies
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Jul 10, 2008, 03:11 AM
    Make sure that after you treat your dog that you also clean or discard anything they came in contact with or else the fleas will remain in your house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1 week old puppy [ 3 Answers ]

I week old puppy hasn't put any weight on. Eating well by bottle not by mother. What can I do

Can you keep a 7 week old lab puppy outside? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you keep a little lab puppy that is 7 weeks old outside

New 7 week old puppy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Lynne. I am brand new to this site as of tonight. My question is... I just bought a 7 week old baby Chihuahua today and I was sent home with a small bottle of Albon for a possible case of Coccida in her. The breeder I bought her from said she "may" have it, but wasn't sure. I have...

5 week old puppy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 week old german shepard black lab that will not eat or walk (only unless it has to). What should I do?

My 9 week old Lab puppy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Of corse I think I have the cuteset puppy in the world and yes I fawn over him ALL the time he is never left alone inless he has to be he gose to the store with us he basicaLy gose every where with us. But all he really wants to do is bite us or tear something up. At this point I have no...

View more questions Search